The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, Raith69 said:

Remind me did not the previous rounds in the Diddy Cup not go straight to penalties when it ended in a draw after 90 minutes 🤔 this semi is now into extra-time.

Yes, but:

“21. Drawn Matches – Extra Time/Kicks from the Penalty Mark

21.1 When a second Match is drawn in any of the Rounds up to and including the Sixth Round, a further thirty minutes, fifteen minutes each way, of extra time shall be played. Thereafter, if the Match is still undecided, the winner shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with the rules laid down by IFAB. The Club which scores more times in respect of such kicks will be declared the winner of the Match and will proceed to the next Round of the Competition.

21.2 When a Semi-Final Match is drawn, a further thirty minutes, fifteen minutes each way, of extra time shall be played. Thereafter, if the Match is still undecided, the winner shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with the rules laid down by IFAB. The Club which scores more times in respect of such kicks will be declared the winner of the Semi-Final Match and will proceed to the Final Match.

21.3 When the Final Match is drawn, a further thirty minutes, fifteen minutes each way, of extra time shall be played. Thereafter, if the Match is still undecided, the winner shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with the rules laid down by IFAB. The Club which scores more times in respect of such kicks will be declared the Winner.”

1 minute ago, Raith69 said:

Thanks Zen.

4.6 Subject that the Board may determine that any round or rounds of a Competition may take place on a ‘group’ basis utilising such arrangements, procedures and qualifications as the Board may from time to time determine and notify to all Clubs and clubs with an interest, the ‘rounds’ of the Competition shall be conducted on ‘knockout’ basis with the winner being the Club/club with the greater number of goals at full-time. In all Matches other than the Semi-Finals and Final, if the scores are equal at full-time or no goals have been scored the winner shall be determined by taking Penalty Kicks. In respect of the Semi-Finals and Final, if the scores are equal at full time or no goals have been scored, Extra Time will be played and, if the scores are still equal or still no goals have been scored at the end of such Extra Time, the winner shall be determined by taking Penalty Kicks

6 minutes ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

I was hoping we'd have went for him when he left Hearts but I imagine the compensation would've been a stumbling block, I really don't remember him doing anything of note last season for queens though 

Still only 21. Has a lot of the attributes to play at a higher level and his best years are firmly ahead of him. Would be a good signing imo. 

16 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Still only 21. Has a lot of the attributes to play at a higher level and his best years are firmly ahead of him. Would be a good signing imo. 

An obvious appointment. I just don’t think Murray has the balls to go ask if he’s attainable 

Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

That’s a weird thing to say. What do you mean? 

According to others we have no money to spend. Or enough to strengthen where needed. That’s all I bloody hear these days. I wasn’t being disparaging

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Harry Cochrane out of contract in a few months time. If we are struggling to keep a hold of Spencer I think he’d be a ready made replacement. Playing in a struggling Queens side but clearly a talented boy. Think he’d fit really well into our midfield. 

If these new owners/investors come In at the time frame said to be I reckon we could keep him can probably give him a longer deal and a pay rise it’ll be interesting to see who we are in contract negotiations with 

3 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

About the right level. When they come to Starks later this season we'll need the left back to have a good game but the amount of space we'll get in behind as he naturally forgets how to defend will be great. 

You know you dont mean that.Sour grapes.

Reghan (In my estimation) was a great attacking full-back for Morton....... and since Lewis (Strapp) is obviously gonnae be out for a while.......Reghan would have been the perfect replacement ...imo.

18 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

You know you dont mean that.Sour grapes.

Reghan (In my estimation) was a great attacking full-back for Morton....... and since Lewis (Strapp) is obviously gonnae be out for a while.......Reghan would have been the perfect replacement ...imo.

Is Strapp not a left back?

The same opinions coming to the surface in Greater Manchester tonight as there were in Kirkcaldy this time last year.

Twitter seams to be full of right minded people, then there are the slavering masses in blinkers.

I was always of the opinion that (bad) history should not repeat itself, but, here we are.

2 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

The same opinions coming to the surface in Greater Manchester tonight as there were in Kirkcaldy this time last year.

Twitter seams to be full of right minded people, then there are the slavering masses in blinkers.

I was always of the opinion that (bad) history should not repeat itself, but, here we are.

We’ll get a small amount of mention, but as we never let him play, the real fun might be for a certain Scottish club that had him play once or twice after that.

Just bored with the reality that we will again grab headlines as "the club that signed him"

The real narrative of value is "the club who had a fan base who (in the main)said were not having this"

The supporters story is lost to the more media slick tale of the women's team who took a stand. Its an angle that's got netflix drama written all over it!

Reality is their principled stance probably had the least operational effect on the club. We've heard countless times that Vals investment was replaceable (not sure that's true) 

Reality is lack of volunteers to cover key roles such as safety, turnstiles, hospitality/catering, tannoy etc put actual first team games at risk. Their story was never really represented against the backdrop of Val and the woman's team captain (not knocking their decision) 

No news or tales of the new investors kicking about? 

1 hour ago, The Tiel Burn said:

Just bored with the reality that we will again grab headlines as "the club that signed him"

The real narrative of value is "the club who had a fan base who (in the main)said were not having this"

The supporters story is lost to the more media slick tale of the women's team who took a stand. Its an angle that's got netflix drama written all over it!

Reality is their principled stance probably had the least operational effect on the club. We've heard countless times that Vals investment was replaceable (not sure that's true) 

Reality is lack of volunteers to cover key roles such as safety, turnstiles, hospitality/catering, tannoy etc put actual first team games at risk. Their story was never really represented against the backdrop of Val and the woman's team captain (not knocking their decision) 

No news or tales of the new investors kicking about? 

To the media, the story they went with and subsequently fuelled was the right one for them, those headlines are much better for their demographics. 

The whole thing absolutely highlights our ability to waste cash which leaves in the position we're in now. All of DG's off field issues aside, as a club, we paid money to Clyde, offered him a nonsense salary and a 2.5 year deal, for a 32 year old player at the end of his career who had not played at this level in years. Mind boggling stuff from us.