The New Raith Rovers Thread

23 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Saturday game is worth 100k plus so for me its more important we have a fullish squad as possible for the Motherwell game so hoping nobody is risked against Dundee in the Ring Donut Cup

I tried saying that on the Rovers FB page but the usual suspects shot me down for it.  :D  The money will get even bigger if we beat Well and got one of the Glasgow nasties away in next roond.  Both considerably much more important financially than the crappy whoever sponsors it nowadays Championship and cloggers cup.

100% agree Saturdays game is huge for the club , I remember John Sim saying about the SPFL trophy cup you don’t lose money getting knocked out in the 1st round and you only make money reaching the final. Potentially if we beat Motherwell there will be more money available for a decent quality premiership loan signing this could make the difference in getting into the play offs you could see the difference the Steven Anderson signing did to our defence a couple of seasons ago, Put it another way if I knew Dundee would knock us out but we would knock Motherwell out I would take that all day .

Scottish Cup definitely the more prestigious and potentially lucrative. Assuming no heroics from St Mirren or Patrick, whoever makes it to the quarter final from our tie has a chance of a payday drawing one of the Old Firm or even better a chance of getting a very winnable tie against Ayr/Elgin or Darvel/Falkirk to reach the semi-final. Another Challenge Cup final would be great obviously, but if it was a choice it’s a no brainer.

Of course we could do BOTH…

4 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Scottish Cup definitely the more prestigious and potentially lucrative. Assuming no heroics from St Mirren or Patrick, whoever makes it to the quarter final from our tie has a chance of a payday drawing one of the Old Firm or even better a chance of getting a very winnable tie against Ayr/Elgin or Darvel/Falkirk to reach the semi-final. Another Challenge Cup final would be great obviously, but if it was a choice it’s a no brainer.

For those suggesting a win vs Motherwell will provide funds for a Premiership striker loan in, don’t forget you don’t get any money until you are knocked out…just saying.

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

For those suggesting a win vs Motherwell will provide funds for a Premiership striker loan in, don’t forget you don’t get any money until you are knocked out…just saying.

And we didn't play Celtic until February last season but we all know what happened in January... 

10 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Agreed,

Never mind this choice pish. Pump Dundee, Pump Motherwell, draw Falkirk away and pump them. :)

Big week ahead 2 Good winable games coming up.  Would have been better the other way about Scottish Cup first but hey-ho thats the way it is. Incidently don't think Brown is suspended for Saturday as he has had 2 bookings in competition but its 3 bookings before suspension I'm sure if you join the competition in round 3 or earlier.

55 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I see Colin Steven is the referee tomorrow. That'll be that then. 

Who cares, Saturday is more important for worries over injuries for me. We’ve won it 2 and a half times anyway😝😝

12 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Who cares, Saturday is more important for worries over injuries for me. We’ve won it 2 and a half times anyway😝😝

You'll not be saying that when Steven dishes out the obligatory straight red tomorrow and someone ends up suspended for Saturday...

3 hours ago, Roy Raith said:

Big week ahead 2 Good winable games coming up.  Would have been better the other way about Scottish Cup first but hey-ho thats the way it is. Incidently don't think Brown is suspended for Saturday as he has had 2 bookings in competition but its 3 bookings before suspension I'm sure if you join the competition in round 3 or earlier.

You are correct, I missed the Round Three, and thought it said Round Two….good eye! Brown is NOT suspended then.

1 hour ago, Against The Machine said:

There's Hearts "doing a Killie" and announcing that Scott McGill is getting punted at the end of his contract. Gives him some motivation to do well before the end of the season, I suppose. 

If he ever gets game time.