The New Raith Rovers Thread

The FFP has been dire for Rovers coverage since Matt Elder left. The Courier is heading down a similar road as well. The guy who replaced Alan Temple is useless. There's been a couple of instances recently where there's not even been an article about us on the day of a match. 

16 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Has a look of a bewildered investor trying to work out whonowns how much of what. 

Gonna be some old lad who lives on the beach and owns enough of the club to sink any takeover...

Does anyone remember the club selling shares to fans in some sort of fundraising scheme around 2002? 

I have a framed piece of paper back at my parents place that says I own 50 ordinary shares in Raith Rovers (can't remember the exact company name) but I have never had any correspondence from the club as a "shareholder". 

I always assumed they were some sort of gimmick, like buying a tiny plot of land to become a "Lord". 

3 hours ago, blink said:

Does anyone remember the club selling shares to fans in some sort of fundraising scheme around 2002? 

I have a framed piece of paper back at my parents place that says I own 50 ordinary shares in Raith Rovers (can't remember the exact company name) but I have never had any correspondence from the club as a "shareholder". 

I always assumed they were some sort of gimmick, like buying a tiny plot of land to become a "Lord". 

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Yep,I purchased shares around that time.Basically a donation as shares were and are worth diddly squat

Shares were purchased in the Raith Rovers holding company

I bought shares in 2011 this was for New Raith Rovers, it was getting promoted by Eric Drysdale at the time.

Outside the pandemic I don't recall any club other than Arbroath refusing permission. Sure it's intended to drive folk towards their £8 monthly audio as is their right.

Problem is I can't afford to attend and now lose out on RTV comms to keep in touch.  Mind that cost of living thing Arbroath?

One thing football fans like is a pantomime villain and a petty gripe and this is up there. 

Reality is I pick and choose away games and Arbroath single themselves out.  In future if I have the option with shifts of Abroath or A.N Other match I will simply chose other trips instead. 

Own goal here that will also lead to other clubs being petty in the future when Arbroath decide they want to offer away coverage. 

Not the end of the world but kinda lacking in style by matching what every other club allows. 

Also bought shares in New Raith Rovers. Think I’ve got Holding company shares too in a similar donate money scheme way back but have no strong memories of that. Neither worth the paper they are written on unless this means we get a share of Sim’s £3m. Won’t be holding my breath 

I wouldn't read too much into it at this stage, it sounds like it's just a bit of corporate admin. As detailed above, there are literally thousands of shareholders across the three or four group companies, and I imagine the club have no idea how to contact two thirds of them. 

I'm sure there was talk in the past of simplifying the structure again (although possibly it came from the Trust rather than the club) which I presume would involve having to convert shares in the likes of NRR into an equivalent (in terms of overall control, rather than direct shareholding) stake in Raith Rovers FC Ltd, but I've no idea how realistic or achievable that is. 

With the various interested parties floating around and inspecting the books, there's a renewed focus on the various shareholdings, and it makes sense whatever the outcome to try and update the register.