The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

I,d take attendances announced by some clubs with a pinch of salt.Some like to inflate their attendances for some reason

Many clubs count all their season tkt holders as having attended each game, whether they did or not.

Crowd w**k nonsense.

1 hour ago, kirkcaldybanjo111 said:

I see oriordan scored his first goal for Crewe last night.

He’s pretty much a first team regular now, having displaced the old Captain, who was suspended. I suspect that’s the last we’ll ever see of Conner in SP, but it seems we did a decent job of developing the lad.

1 hour ago, Offshore Rover said:

Rather concerning that they reference Cup money and TV money as useful now, since it doesn’t get paid until you exit the Cup…

Referring to the potential buyers as a “consortium” seems new, and hopeful, as it suggests a legal structure has been put in place for a bid to be made.

Edited by TxRover

53 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Rather concerning that they reference Cup money and TV money as useful now, since it doesn’t get paid until you exit the Cup…

Referring to the potential buyers as a “consortium” seems new, and hopeful, as it suggests a legal structure has been put in place for a bid to be made.

Just MacDonald talking in a haphazard way, a bit like John Sim does. You just have to try and pick out the information from all the noise. 

13 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Just MacDonald talking in a haphazard way, a bit like John Sim does. You just have to try and pick out the information from all the noise. 

Possibly, but as Sim reportedly was doing the talking, and MacDonald was sidelined, I would expect “consortium” came from Sim. As an accountant, consortium has a very specific meaning and usage, so I’ll stay cheerful, why not, the weather here sucks right now, and the results aren’t helping. I’ll take my sunshine where I can find it!

9 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Never mind that, MacDonald must be on the sauce if he thinks we'll get 5000 to 6000 for the Motherwell game.

Well, Motherwell brought 2,000+ to Arbroath, and we’re certainly easier to reach…we had 1,850+ at ICT…it’s a conventional Saturday afternoon home match, against a team we haven’t seen in 15 years…the weather looks reasonable (not freezing and not raining)…I can see 5,000+ as possible..

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Well, Motherwell brought 2,000+ to Arbroath, and we’re certainly easier to reach…we had 1,850+ at ICT…it’s a conventional Saturday afternoon home match, against a team we haven’t seen in 15 years…the weather looks reasonable (not freezing and not raining)…I can see 5,000+ as possible..

Agree, grounds for optimism for a half decent crowd, against ICT we played some good stuff and entertained quite well I thought, just a pity we couldn't see it out. Hopefully be enough to tempt some of the non regulars out of that 2000+ to come along for the Motherwell game.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Possibly, but as Sim reportedly was doing the talking, and MacDonald was sidelined, I would expect “consortium” came from Sim. As an accountant, consortium has a very specific meaning and usage, so I’ll stay cheerful, why not, the weather here sucks right now, and the results aren’t helping. I’ll take my sunshine where I can find it!

Or MacDonald thinking it’s a group of people and calling them a consortium without actually knowing anything more than it’s a group of people. Time will tell and I hope they get something sorted out this season 

7 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

Or MacDonald thinking it’s a group of people and calling them a consortium without actually knowing anything more than it’s a group of people. Time will tell and I hope they get something sorted out this season 

Might as well say clan then…indeed, regardless, it’s a wee bit of hopeful news.

7 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Would be a fantastic season if we reach the spfl trophy final , reached the next round of the Scottish cup and finish in 4th spot however I think we will finish either 5th or 6th place knocked out by Dundee however I fancy a wee cup upset against Motherwell 

I'll take remaining in the championship as a good season considering how the past 12 months have went, the club currently being sold etc. Shoot for the stars but aim at the trees, so to speak. 

MacDonald appears to be making up for lost time. Said nothing for months on end after DG, now in the papers every week. Suspect the journalists have realised all they have to do is phone him up and they’ll get a ramble and a headline. Still don’t see any real benefit of talking about the buyout until it’s over the line but it at least sounds positive - although wasn’t it end of March it was hinted it’d be concluded rather than end of season? Still can’t understand why anyone would want to hand Sim £3m for the club but perhaps it’s loose change to them. 

I’m excited for the Motherwell game. They are on a very bad run so think we can have a right go at them. 

3 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

MacDonald appears to be making up for lost time. Said nothing for months on end after DG, now in the papers every week. Suspect the journalists have realised all they have to do is phone him up and they’ll get a ramble and a headline. Still don’t see any real benefit of talking about the buyout until it’s over the line but it at least sounds positive - although wasn’t it end of March it was hinted it’d be concluded rather than end of season? Still can’t understand why anyone would want to hand Sim £3m for the club but perhaps it’s loose change to them. 

I’m excited for the Motherwell game. They are on a very bad run so think we can have a right go at them. 

Looks like an extension of the previous interview in the FFP given that it refers to the Motherwell game as Next Month and the Linlithgow game as being on the Tuesday. They've probably kept some information back to sell editions.