The New Raith Rovers Thread

9 minutes ago, bmills said:

For anyone interested, there's a Raith Rovers playlist been created on YouTube covering mainly games against Inverness between 1999 and 2004:

To our younger viewers, your eyes are not deceiving you: that was us beating them at the start there. 

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

To be fair to Murray, just because McGill is the first signing this window doesn't necessarily mean it was his priority position. 

We might as well wait and see how the rest of the window goes and then judge it. 

Yeah bringing in someone that appears able to cover both full back positions as well as right across the midfield is no bad thing assuming it hasn’t taken much out of the budget for the priority positions which are centre half and striker.

I guess the level of quality we bring in, if any, will be dependent on the outcome of our match against Linlithgow and if we win, who we get in the next round. 

1 minute ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Don't think anyone is shocked by that decision. Probably not great odds in it being a certainty for Tuesday either as the weather isn't getting much better 

The weather forecast for Linlithgow on Tuesday is for 10 degrees C.

1 minute ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

The weather forecast for Linlithgow on Tuesday is for 10 degrees C.

But rain forecast too so possibly going from an ice rink to a mudbath. Fingers crossed though. What's the ticket refund policy, Tuesday night is a no go for me.

1 minute ago, CountryBumpkin said:

But rain forecast too so possibly going from an ice rink to a mudbath. Fingers crossed though. What's the ticket refund policy, Tuesday night is a no go for me.

No rain predicted on the BBC website.

39 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I can buy your ticket. Send me a DM with details. 

3 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

But rain forecast too so possibly going from an ice rink to a mudbath.

Consensus forecasts are less than 0.1” of rain and temperatures above freezing the whole way to Tuesday. Unless the pitch was completely soaked before it froze, the game should be good on Tuesday.

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

At least Arnott is straight into the starting lineup today at Bonnyrigg,

Good result for them… Scudded 4-0 again and heading back to Lowland League it seems.

Out of interest, who was the last young player we sent out on loan who really shone and then came back to become a first-team regular for us? Genuinely don’t remember it happening.

2 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

Good result for them… Scudded 4-0 again and heading back to Lowland League it seems.

Out of interest, who was the last young player we sent out on loan who really shone and then came back to become a first-team regular for us? Genuinely don’t remember it happening.

You are right. I don't think it's ever worked for us - unless you count Vaughan.... 

31 minutes ago, Rover the Moon said:

Probably David Bates.

5 hours ago, Rover the Moon said:

It’s how you find out if you want to keep developing a player, no? On the whole, I’d like to keep trying though.