The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

Just joined the Raith Trust. Seems a pretty minimal amount for membership. Be keen to hear more details and might be a good idea to try and drive one-off donations during this period for the fans to collectively get a portion of the club.

100% agree I’ve been a trust member for years but would be happy to contribute a donation if there was an opportunity to do so . 

We need a clear proposal from the trust about how it would elect representatives onto the board, costs, what would happen if we ran into a big loss like st mirren this year. Would there be a club membership on top of season tickets etc that give voting rights to elect board etc. to most people (me included )it’s a phrase that covers a lot of bases, we need details on how it would work in real time and then we could see if there is an appetite to do this

38 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

We need a clear proposal from the trust about how it would elect representatives onto the board, costs, what would happen if we ran into a big loss like st mirren this year. Would there be a club membership on top of season tickets etc that give voting rights to elect board etc. to most people (me included )it’s a phrase that covers a lot of bases, we need details on how it would work in real time and then we could see if there is an appetite to do this

Before any of that we'd need some kind of proposal of intent that the trust even seriously wanted to run the club. That may have been covered in the K107 show but after 15 years or so I doubt the trust has much of an appetite for it.

On 17/01/2023 at 18:30, raith1974 said:

They're hardly going to say they want to buy the club to relegate us. It may never happen but as a young boy I never dreamed we would play in the Premier League or Europe. The best I hoped for was finishing above Meadowbank or Ayr. Hopefully the right people can come in and give us some stability followed by success.

I'd be ecstatic to finish above Meadowbank and/or Ayr these days as well

13 hours ago, lgb61 said:

We have a media officer do we not? Why do we keep letting MacDonald loose when they call and not the media officer?

I've wondered what the media officer done in a previous life to be part of our media scrum.

It seems a thankless task with such a disjointed set of comms coming from the club. Can't imagine any of it is structured.

We went through DGW with a say nothing approach now its just a free for all for any journo needing a headline. 

To be fair in one aspect there was a good press release a couple of weeks back and a few no comments. Then right back to giving the FFP the inside track. 

Can't Sim and McDonald just agree their approach and communicate like other teams do through the club website. 

We always want to know more than we are probably entitled to so protect the deal on the table.

1 hour ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Does anyone know if our game is postponed on Saturday will it be the following Tuesday/Wednesday the tie will be played or is it the week after? 

If Cove v Ayr is off , rescheduled to Tuesday 31st 7.45 

Edited by Finlay21

8 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

McNulty signed for Orange County SC who play in the second tier of the USA set up. Hopefully that’s the last we hear of him on here. 

Tbf, not like we were hearing much of anything.