The New Raith Rovers Thread

26 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Funny how yon McCartney is / was involved in this, from the first minute she set foot inside Starks things started going wrong 

You'd think we'd learn our lesson as far as CEOs are concerned, dating back to the Alan Kelly era.

To have one utter disaster could be considered unfortunate, to have two is bordering on careless, but to have had four is beyond words.

28 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Would be interested to see the games won with Spencer in the team vs games won without him from the start of last season, but I really can’t be arsed. @TxRover, fancy it? 

I can't be fucked looking either but when he came back we looked so much more dynamic and actually ha someone who would take the ball and either carry it forward or start a move. 

If you look back to regan hendrys goal against the pars I'm sure spencer started the while move. 

42 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Would be interested to see the games won with Spencer in the team vs games won without him from the start of last season, but I really can’t be arsed. @TxRover, fancy it? 

There was a piece in the Courier about it when his comeback from injury coincided with us picking up form earlier this season. I can't find it now but it went back to last season and there was a clear upturn in results in matches where Spencer started. 

48 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Easily done, just use the season filter.

Brad Spencer | Football Stats | Raith Rovers | Season 2021/2022 | Soccer Base

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I can't be bothered updating this, but I'd been bored at work one day last season and did this below.  It was from the start of last season to about the end of Jan that season.  

Where Spencer has played the full game we average 8.13 shots, with 4 shots on target and 1.88 goals
Where Spencer has played part of a game we average 9.29 shots, with 3.71 on target and 1.71 goals

Without Spencer, we average 6.63 shots, 2.5 on target and just 0.63 goals.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

21-22, Championship ONLY…

…with Spencer 9-3-7, without Spencer 3-7-7…

Call it 47% vs 18% or 1.76 pts/game bs 0.94 pts/game…if you like percentage not loses, it’s 63% vs 59%, showing the difference Spencer makes in close matches.

I can’t be arsed to figure out the non-League totals, or the standard deviation on this, cause that is a significant difference, no matter how you slice it.

Appreciate that things from negotiations can often leak out but the only source on the Scottish consortium buying us story seems to be our Chairman. What’s the advantage of any of this coming out until it’s a done deal? I just don’t see any. Surely if there had been any lesson from the Silverbear farce it has been negotiate in private and keep your mouth shut until the deal is over the line.  Unless it’s some clever strategy from the club and there’s a hidden benefit from MacDonald’s waffle that none of us can see. 

9 hours ago, Against The Machine said:

Yet more "I believes" and "I thinks" from Steven MacDonald. Has he ever had an actual conversation with John Sim? Is all their communication handled through a mysterious third party? Have they divided the board room in two with a big piece of duct tape like an 80s sitcom? 

Well he did say John Sim is back in Thailand and doing those Negotiations directly with said buyers but who knows what’s the true and what’s not 

I can see precisely zero logic in what Macdonald is trying to achieve by disclosing this.

After listening to the chat with Graeme Kilgour and Alan Russell on K107 I think I'm going to rejoin the Raith Trust. I was a member way back and can't remember why I stopped. I was going to restart my contributions to the player fund but listening to Alans info on the trust, I think I might put my money there.