The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Yet more "I believes" and "I thinks" from Steven MacDonald. Has he ever had an actual conversation with John Sim? Is all their communication handled through a mysterious third party? Have they divided the board room in two with a big piece of duct tape like an 80s sitcom? 

I think it's more a case of him not wanting to say something stupid so he sits on the fence with it. 

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

I think it's more a case of him not wanting to say something stupid so he sits on the fence with it. 

An easier way of not saying something stupid would be for him to not contradict himself when talking about a particular issue. 

1 minute ago, Michael W said:

An easier way of not saying something stupid would be for him to not contradict himself when talking about a particular issue. 

Agreed. I don't think he's much of a public speaker which shows with how he does contradict himself. 

1 minute ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Dellios and his AVRO pish peddling merchants are Scotland based...

Hopefully it's a different group of less shady and spurious people all bundled under the vague "business men" umbrella 

They are out of the running by all accounts. 

4 minutes ago, grumswall said:

They are out of the running by all accounts. 

However, the two Silverbear partners were based in the Netherlands and Spain...just saying.

"MacDonald said that one other non-Scottish interested party – based in mainland Europe – was also still in dialogue with Sim about a potential purchase of Rovers."

12 minutes ago, TxRover said:

However, the two Silverbear partners were based in the Netherlands and Spain...just saying.

"MacDonald said that one other non-Scottish interested party – based in mainland Europe – was also still in dialogue with Sim about a potential purchase of Rovers."

I would hope silverbear and everyone associated with that bid was chased. There was at the time of them being interested 3 parties quoted as being interested with one being the silverbear one and another in Europe though so it may just be them. 

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Can't read this as it's behind the paywall, and even incognito mode won't let me in, but does it say who's doing the impressions of Karen McCartney?

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

You'd think they'd rather invest their billions in the club they're going to take over rather than piss it away on legal action against us.

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Glad this Scottish consortium want to take us to the Premier League in the same way every manager taking over tells us how they like to play attacking football with the ball on the deck. 

They're hardly going to say they want to buy the club to relegate us. It may never happen but as a young boy I never dreamed we would play in the Premier League or Europe. The best I hoped for was finishing above Meadowbank or Ayr. Hopefully the right people can come in and give us some stability followed by success.