The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, JaketheSnake said:

Lang and Connelly are the only ones who need kept. The rest who's contracts are expiring are replaceable. There's probably a good chance Lang will stay because of his injury but there's no chance Connelly stays. He'll end up doubling his wages at the Pars or Falkirk. 

Connolly has already done that circuit. Depending on how the season played out, it'd be hard for QP or Dundee to ignore him, but this is all getting way ahead of ourselves. 

Sure there are players like Connolly, Spencer and Lang I would be wanting to keep but no one out of contract in the summer is irreplaceable.

For me, it looks as if either promotion or relegation is very unlikely. I would be happy for us to manage resources as much as possible so that when the summer comes we have some money to build for next season. 

1 hour ago, Double Jack D said:

Sure there are players like Connolly, Spencer and Lang I would be wanting to keep but no one out of contract in the summer is irreplaceable.

For me, it looks as if either promotion or relegation is very unlikely. I would be happy for us to manage resources as much as possible so that when the summer comes we have some money to build for next season. 

And managing resources is ideal, so that’s why I hope they are at least talking to players like Lang and Connolly. We need to know if they will be retainable or if we need to be looking around. That’s what often causes PCA’s, a team becomes aware that player X will not re-sign with them due to budget constraints, and they need to find a replacement…and shopping now can be cheaper because a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

On 16/01/2023 at 08:58, Beachbum said:

I think we've been very quiet on the re-signing front because we lost buckets the last time we were in League 1 and won't want to go deeper into debt if we do end up there.

So, until we know where we stand league wise you can't blame the board for not offering contracts just now. Saturday was a disaster in that respect with Hamilton winning and Arbroath, Cove and ourselves all drawing.

If you’re worried about Hamilton catching us then I dunno what to say, they’re rank rotten and will go down we’re 15 points clear we’re closer to the top than the bottom 🤷‍♂️😂

17 hours ago, spot on said:

All this criticism of big John for the late equaliser but not much getting said about Nolan for the needless handball for the first 🤔

Fair shout. Would add in Tom Lang (I think) who give away the foul that led to the handball. Needlessly pushing a Cove player in the back when he was in the middle of the pitch facing away from goal posing absolutely no threat. 

1 hour ago, JaketheSnake said:

He's the most overrated player in the squad. I don't get the hype around Spencer. 

Easy now.

Whilst I've listed him as not irreplaceable, he's very much in the "would rather not have to replace" category. A definite starter in our current squad and we are definitely a better team with him in it.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/4064188/legal-action-claim-made-over-stalled-raith-rovers-investment-as-ex-sfa-ceo-gordon-smith-clarifies-involvement/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

:lol:

I particularly enjoyed this: 

“The impeccable impression of [former Rovers] CEO Karen McCartney, and the modern approach to football from the coaching staff were the reasons help was rendered to find potential Investors.

God they must be dumb. 

Edited by Michael W

12 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Dear The Courier, 

Please stop printing this sh*t. We want nothing to do with them and don’t want to hear them throwing their toys out the pram anymore. 

Yours Sincerely 

All Raith Rovers fans 

Fucksake take a hint they're like some stalker ex boyfriend who wont let it go.

Incidently when did Mrs Smith leave her position at the club? Was she involved with this debacle as an employee of Sim/the club. Or was she involved after her tenure and obviously in full knowledge of the clubs finances.

8 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Fucksake take a hint they're like some stalker ex boyfriend who wont let it go.

Incidently when did Mrs Smith leave her position at the club? Was she involved with this debacle as an employee of Sim/the club. Or was she involved after her tenure and obviously in full knowledge of the clubs finances.

End of October, I think.

No names mentioned, but a Scottish-based party seem to be the favourites and there's a Europe-based party as well interested. 

I am particularly surprised nothing has been leaked about the Scottish party looking to buy us. Scottish football isn't known for things being kept under wraps.