The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, raith1974 said:

Having watched the Cove highlights yes Frederiksen should not have taken a shot from 40 odd  yards when keeping possession was the right call, however IM has to take some blame.

Firstly Frederiksen has been given no game time and is probably eager to impress. 

Secondly we have been crying out for that experienced head all season. Someone who will see out the last fee minutes.

And lastly its a cheap goal from a corner. We need to defend these much better.

He shouldn't single out any player when he can be questioned. 

Tbf the reason Frederick's tried to score from 40 yards is that he tried it on Wednesday and it nearly paid off. He obviously thought he could do it again I really don't see how the manager could be blamed. 

As for Coves second goal the defending was criminal and we have enough experience at the back to sort that out.

17 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Given the manager's example, any player will now be fair game from the fans from now on, to run them down when they're having a bad game.

I'm not sure him making a management decision like that is really comparible with someone shouting and balling obscenities at a player telling them how they are shit etc. But it already happens regardless so chicken and egg situation. 

Frederiksen has done nothing in a rovers strip beyond score against the queen's Park reserves. I don't know what Murray has done in private with him but if it takes him publicly calling him out for him to kick on them I'm fine with it. 

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Exactly 😂 Literally disproved his own point. 

Hardly, the reason for that is along with whatever we were paying O'Riordan I'm pretty sure we had to cover his digs, we also had to pay for a solicitor to sort out Frederiksens work permits, that won't come cheap. There's also the chance we will be paying for his digs also. Finally a club our size that can't fill a bench most weeks can't have the luxury of 2 non playing managers. When we had the chance the assistant should have been a player assistant manager. 

11 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Hardly, the reason for that is along with whatever we were paying O'Riordan I'm pretty sure we had to cover his digs, we also had to pay for a solicitor to sort out Frederiksens work permits, that won't come cheap. There's also the chance we will be paying for his digs also. Finally a club our size that can't fill a bench most weeks can't have the luxury of 2 non playing managers. When we had the chance the assistant should have been a player assistant manager. 

If there is a lack of experienced players either in the squad or wider market, how is Murray expected to find one to be player-assistant?

38 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

If there is a lack of experienced players either in the squad or wider market, how is Murray expected to find one to be player-assistant?

Ian Murray is an experienced defender. Colin Cameron is an experienced midfielder. Get them registered and stripped! 

11 minutes ago, roseyposey said:

Does anyone here have a squad list with numbers for the Raith side 
putting together match programme for next weeks match 

1 - Jamie MacDonald

3 - Liam Dick 

4 - Ross Millen

5 - Ryan Nolan

6 - Brad Spencer

7 - Aidan Connolly

8 - Ross Mathews 

9 - Jamie Gullan 

10 - Lewis Vaughan 

11 - Connor McBride 

12 - Tom Lang

13 - Andrew McNeil

15 - Kieran Ngwenya

16 - Sam Stanton 

17 - Robbie Thomson 

19 - Luke Mahady

20 - Scott Brown

22 - Ethan Ross

23 - Dylan Easton 

25 - Aaron Arnott

26 - Kieran Mitchell 

29 - Greig Young 

30 - Adam Masson

47 - John Frederiksen

1 minute ago, Offshore Rover said:

1 - Jamie MacDonald

3 - Liam Dick 

4 - Ross Millen

5 - Ryan Nolan

6 - Brad Spencer

7 - Aidan Connolly

8 - Ross Mathews 

9 - Jamie Gullan 

10 - Lewis Vaughan 

11 - Connor McBride 

12 - Tom Lang

13 - Andrew McNeil

15 - Kieran Ngwenya

16 - Sam Stanton 

17 - Robbie Thomson 

19 - Luke Mahady

20 - Scott Brown

22 - Ethan Ross

23 - Dylan Easton 

25 - Aaron Arnott

26 - Kieran Mitchell 

29 - Greig Young 

30 - Adam Masson

47 - John Frederiksen

thank you 

6 minutes ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

I think the problem is our captain is out injured, and whilst I like Brown as a player I dont think he's much of a leader.  It was impossible to judge how important he was gonna prove himself this season, but in hindsight Liam Dick might've been a better choice for vice captain 

Brown seems a similar type of captain as Matthews is and Matthews is still involved behind the scenes so I don't see that being an issue Liam dick has been a completely different player this season, mainly as a cb, but I don't think he should have been captain based on being largely shite up until this season. 

Rovers are lacking leadership that's undeniable, in the past this has been rectified by signing two old codgers on loan from St J. One was a moaning faced defender who all but single handedly sorted out a weak unorgaised back four. The other was a proven goal scorer who added a genuine threat to the attack.

McGlynn replaced both by signing similar types, Berra was a success but the same could not be said for the Keatings idea.

I think we need another Steven McLean and Steven Anderson, I'm still hoping Murray gets it right but so far his signings have been at best average and more often dross.

As for IM himself I feel there is a bit of the Barry Smith about Murray, he is maybe a tactical guy and he  seems to know what he wants from his players but he's just unable to get it. Also when it comes to charisma, well he's not got much! Neither boring nor inspirational he seems a bit bland, if he was a colour he'd be beige.

23 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Brown seems a similar type of captain as Matthews is and Matthews is still involved behind the scenes so I don't see that being an issue Liam dick has been a completely different player this season, mainly as a cb, but I don't think he should have been captain based on being largely shite up until this season. 

Harsh, but not totally untrue. There is something to the fact that most captains seem to tend to be experienced Center Half’s or Center/Defensive Mids. Both roles require a lot of traffic directing, encouraging, berating and mental behavior, and Dick only really started as a CH this year.

Brown has been just fine as captain, from what we can see. It makes me wonder what @Chrisrush1471 has seen that makes him suggest this.

5 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Rovers are lacking leadership that's undeniable, in the past this has been rectified by signing two old codgers on loan from St J. One was a moaning faced defender who all but single handedly sorted out a weak unorgaised back four. The other was a proven goal scorer who added a genuine threat to the attack.

McGlynn replaced both by signing similar types, Berra was a success but the same could not be said for the Keatings idea.

I think we need another Steven McLean and Steven Anderson, I'm still hoping Murray gets it right but so far his signings have been at best average and more often dross.

The question would be if we get SAndo v2.0, he plays for Nolan, and we either sit Ngwenya or Dick and Nolan week after week. Do we have the budget to sign a player like that and sit what is likely one of our higher earners (Dick) and a CB we need to evaluate for possible signing going forward.

Now SMac v2.0 is more interesting, Gullan and Vaughan are signed, so there’s little worry there, so if we can afford the new body, great…but would a sour-pussed striker help our defence where IM seemingly can’t?

Very easy to say sign the next Steven Anderson or sign the next Steven MacLean as if these players just grow on trees. We were very lucky that these guys were available at the right place, right time.

15 minutes ago, TxRover said:

The question would be if we get SAndo v2.0, he plays for Nolan, and we either sit Ngwenya or Dick and Nolan week after week. Do we have the budget to sign a player like that and sit what is likely one of our higher earners (Dick) and a CB we need to evaluate for possible signing going forward.

Now SMac v2.0 is more interesting, Gullan and Vaughan are signed, so there’s little worry there, so if we can afford the new body, great…but would a sour-pussed striker help our defence where IM seemingly can’t?

Tx please don't. I'm not sure I could handle another sando/ gando experience. Smac being something iv never even seen you attempt before. Just let people enjoy their Sunday nights without suffering flashbacks to that please. 

8 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Tx please don't. I'm not sure I could handle another sando/ gando experience. Smac being something iv never even seen you attempt before. Just let people enjoy their Sunday nights without suffering flashbacks to that please. 

Just trying to take some heat off the manager…besides, we could use a guy nicknamed “Mad Dog” or “Killer” anyway.