The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Just for fun, assuming fans diverted their funding to the Trust, the initial target for the Raith Supporters Fund was £10K per quarter, using the current takeover value of £3M, it would take 75 years to achieve this modest target.

I should have worded the post better and basically I meant build a fighting fund in case things go belly up or if local buyers are found the trust would have some finance available to contribute/  buy more shares , The fans raised 100k over the COVID summer so there is a will out there to help the club maybe not to the scale the last time due to the current recession but we can’t just sit back and do nothing 

10 hours ago, pub car king said:

My concern as always is everyone would want a say on every single agenda so it would need to be a case of electing someone and trusting their judgement on what to pursue. 

That’s pretty much how fan ownership works. You elect a Board and leave them to get on with running the club. At the end of the year you either re-elect them or replace them depending on how they’ve done. So they are accountable to fans but not on every single day to day decision. Too often folk who are opposed to it point to the worst bickering on message boards and say this is what it will be like. That’s absolute nonsense.

As an example, Goodwillie would never have happened at a fan run club as the Board would have listened to what fans said prior to the signing and not thought ‘f**k em, I know better.’

If you look around Stark’s Park then most of the good stuff in recent years has been done by volunteers - Raith TV, The new 200 Club, The Roary Club, the big posters in the South Stand, The weekly Digest. The same kind of people who have done all that are the ones who’d be put on the Board and making the decisions. Far better than the rag tag of folk we have on at the moment - who in reality just have to go with what Sim says.  

On the money issue, there’s obviously no way the Trust can buy out Sims controlling interest even if a campaign to do so was launched. As the Trust guy said, the best case scenario is working with Sim to create a model where Sim recoups something but leaves a legacy to the community. That’s what Sim has always hinted would happen but ultimately it’s up to him whether he does that or sells out to the highest bidder. 

Having watched the Cove highlights yes Frederiksen should not have taken a shot from 40 odd  yards when keeping possession was the right call, however IM has to take some blame.

Firstly Frederiksen has been given no game time and is probably eager to impress. 

Secondly we have been crying out for that experienced head all season. Someone who will see out the last fee minutes.

And lastly its a cheap goal from a corner. We need to defend these much better.

He shouldn't single out any player when he can be questioned. 

20 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Having watched the Cove highlights yes Frederiksen should not have taken a shot from 40 odd  yards when keeping possession was the right call, however IM has to take some blame.

Firstly Frederiksen has been given no game time and is probably eager to impress. 

Secondly we have been crying out for that experienced head all season. Someone who will see out the last fee minutes.

And lastly its a cheap goal from a corner. We need to defend these much better.

He shouldn't single out any player when he can be questioned. 

He had an experienced head, who decided to retire from football the week before the season started - and where does this new experienced signing come from? Club have little money, can't buy players and there are bugger all free agents.

I'm sure Murray knows we are crying out for that type of player, but if they aren't available in the clubs budget- what should he do?

Blaming Murray for Frederiksen having a go from 50 yards with absolutely zero chance of scoring is an interesting one.  Can argue as to how influential that incident was on the result, but blaming it on Murray smacks of desperation in my opinion. 

I stood behind the dugout for the last few minutes, and you could clearly here Murray and Cameron shouting "take it to the corner"

I do agree that individuals shouldn't be singled out by the manager, however.

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Do you think he'd be able to get regular minutes with us? I know next to nothing about him but I don't think he got a ton of minutes for Raith.

If he was at that standard, I'm not sure he would have been let go.

Just now, CALDERON said:

If he was at that standard, I'm not sure he would have been let go.

That thought was already in my head tbf. Bowyer did give players of similar quality trials in the summer and let them all go, so I doubt much will come from this anyway.

4 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Do you think he'd be able to get regular minutes with us? I know next to nothing about him but I don't think he got a ton of minutes for Raith.

Nat a hope. Struggled to get minutes with Cowden on loan last season, but IM did seem to see something in him. At the current time, I’d say you could sign him, and punt him immediately out on loan to a League One/Two team to try to develop more. Two experienced coaches have seen a glimmer of something in his play, so perhaps he can develop, but he wasn’t getting either time or a loan at Raith, and apparently decided to try on his own. TBF, he was one of several I had picked to not be offered a new contract at the end of this year.

48 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

He had an experienced head, who decided to retire from football the week before the season started - and where does this new experienced signing come from? Club have little money, can't buy players and there are bugger all free agents.

I'm sure Murray knows we are crying out for that type of player, but if they aren't available in the clubs budget- what should he do?

Blaming Murray for Frederiksen having a go from 50 yards with absolutely zero chance of scoring is an interesting one.  Can argue as to how influential that incident was on the result, but blaming it on Murray smacks of desperation in my opinion. 

I stood behind the dugout for the last few minutes, and you could clearly here Murray and Cameron shouting "take it to the corner"

I do agree that individuals shouldn't be singled out by the manager, however.

No I said IM has to take SOME of the blame. He certainly shouldn't be blaming individuals to the media, he's done it previously with McNeil. Yes he lost Berra at the start of the season but after that he brought in Nolan no experience, O'Riordan good player but no experience, McBride no experience, Frederiksen no idea what experience and also Cameron as a non playing assistant manager. Money has been available, whether there are players out there that is for the manager. 

12 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

No I said IM has to take SOME of the blame. He certainly shouldn't be blaming individuals to the media, he's done it previously with McNeil. Yes he lost Berra at the start of the season but after that he brought in Nolan no experience, O'Riordan good player but no experience, McBride no experience, Frederiksen no idea what experience and also Cameron as a non playing assistant manager. Money has been available, whether there are players out there that is for the manager. 

Every one of those signings suggests, to me, that he doesn't have much at all in the way of budget to work with.  

So, looking at the highlights…

1) WTF is John doing? It looked like a back pass to your own keeper, not a shot.

2) Call out John like that is not a move designed to improve play, it’s beneath a manager. You can say that we need to work on fundamentals, than some players need to follow direction better, etc…but you don’t do that and expect the player to react well.

3) Our marking on corners has been borderline diabolical at times, that has to be laid at IM’s feet since it’s not been corrected yet.

4) Easton and Connolly have both shown an ability to craft goals from f**k all…encourage them to do more of that. It will draw defenders to them and open things up for other players like Vaughan, Stanton, Gullan and Spencer.

5) I don’t care if we don’t have experience to use as subs, we need fresh legs earlier than the 70-85 minute mark.

I'm fine with Murray calling out players like that. John clearly isn't doing nearly enough and does need motivation to kick on. Seems a nice guy but they don't always win you football games. It will hopefully give him the motivation needed to improve and start contributing more. 

@Ludo*1he's got a bit of talent but he was used pretty sparingly and didn't do much when given the chance. Cowdenbeath fans will probably be better to ask as they will have seen more of him than we have.