The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Beastie Russell said:

Dellios has to keep up slating the Rovers. His only chance of another team dealing with him is if he continues to call out the failings at our end rather than his.

Perhaps a stretch for the Courier to pursue this agenda rather than just printing any old pish he sends them 

We can only hope. I was surprised and a little disappointed the FFP didn't run with the "I was at a mates restaurant and he told me he had this investment banker on the phone to talk to" angle but they seemed to just gloss over that as if it was perfectly reasonable 🤣

Dellios is my favourite slaver since that boy on here said his son had been using his account. 

I’m also a big fan of him using random pictures of himself with footballers to make some kind of point. The decades old one of him with Pele was a beezer. 

It’s as if he thinks, “if I show them this ancient image of me standing near a footballer, maybe they’ll think my laddie is actually quite good at football and ignore my laughably terrible website.”

A complete Walter Mitty style fantasist, but fair play to him, he’s made me laugh umpteen times over the last couple of weeks. 

7 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Dellios is my favourite slaver since that boy on here said his son had been using his account. 

I’m also a big fan of him using random pictures of himself with footballers to make some kind of point. The decades old one of him with Pele was a beezer. 

It’s as if he thinks, “if I show them this ancient image of me standing near a footballer, maybe they’ll think my laddie is actually quite good at football and ignore my laughably terrible website.”

A complete Walter Mitty style fantasist, but fair play to him, he’s made me laugh umpteen times over the last couple of weeks. 

I personally liked him detailing in (....) that Manchester City are one of the worlds biggest clubs. Until that point I thought he was a slavering hoor who knew nothing about the game. 

8 minutes ago, The Tiel Burn said:

I personally liked him detailing in (....) that Manchester City are one of the worlds biggest clubs. Until that point I thought he was a slavering hoor who knew nothing about the game. 

Also glad to see it was Gordon Smith [Scottish football Hall of Famer] not Gordon Smith [the guy who came off the bench for us in the Ramsdens Cup Final] who was involved. 

58 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Also glad to see it was Gordon Smith [Scottish football Hall of Famer] not Gordon Smith [the guy who came off the bench for us in the Ramsdens Cup Final] who was involved. 

Reading that Gordon Smith is in the SFA Hall of Fame made me almost choke on my Ricicles yesterday morning. The fact Gordon Smith Is in the SFA Hall of Fame shows up Scottish football as the old firm driven rabble that it is.

Edited by Specky Ginger

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

Reading that Gordon Smith is in the SFA Hall of Fame made me almost choke on my Ricicles yesterday morning. The fact Gordon Smith Is in the SFA Hall of Fame shows up Scottish football as the old firm driven rabble that it is.

That’s not right though, is it? There’s a Gordon Smith in the Hall of Fame, but it’s the one who won the league with three different teams, none of whom were Celtic or Rangers 

19 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

That’s not right though, is it? There’s a Gordon Smith in the Hall of Fame, but it’s the one who won the league with three different teams, none of whom were Celtic or Rangers 

Hahaha! 

"This deal has been negotiated with the help of James Carlin (scout) and Gordon Smith (ghost)."

51 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Thankfully that makes more sense.

It was Dellios who said in the paper that it was the Gordon Smith involved with his syndicate that was in the Hall of Fame.

1 hour ago, McGuigan1978 said:

But he has a picture with John Terry and Giovanni Trapattoni! He must be a legitimate football man! 

1 hour ago, Been going too long said:

Anyone heard where Kyle connell has disappeared to?  If we were signing him would have thought  we would have by now

Not really bothered where he's disappeared too not good enough for us or any Championship club. Hopefully big John steps up and money can be found to strengthen at the back and up top.

1 hour ago, McGuigan1978 said:

I assumed it was maybe a perk of sitting at the top table. Couldnt see how he met any other criteria. 

A bit like me telling folk I'm in the Rovers HoF as I take the bairns to the panto at the Adam Smith. 

8 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Listened to the interview and seriously considering rejoining the trust.Think my donation would be better served there than the players fund/black hole

A pity contributions weren't carried on, 17 years later we would have a fair bit of finances behind it

Listened to the interview today and the guy from the Trust spoke very well about how it works at other clubs and what his opinion is on the best way forward. 

Ultimately  we need to be planning ahead and a fan ownership/sim combo might be the step in the right direction needed. 

My concern as always is everyone would want a say on every single agenda so it would need to be a case of electing someone and trusting their judgement on what to pursue. 

6 minutes ago, basher brash said:

We are no where near ready for fan ownership but build funds up so when the time is right there is finance sitting 

Just for fun, assuming fans diverted their funding to the Trust, the initial target for the Raith Supporters Fund was £10K per quarter, using the current takeover value of £3M, it would take 75 years to achieve this modest target.