The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Good, this whole thing stinks so I’m quite happy Mr Dellios isn’t happy, will keep him away from us. 

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I’m all out of free articles on the courier website and 12ft doesn’t work. Can someone screenshot the article, please? 

Copy the link, open up inprivate browsing and paste. Usually works. 

The war of words over a stalled investment bid at Raith Rovers has escalated further, with Swiss businessman Mike Dellios aiming a fresh blast at club chairman Steven MacDonald.

Dellios has been acting as an advisor to Silverbear Capital, the Hong Kong-based investment firm recently credited with an interest in the club.

The Swiss national has been accused of “unprofessional” conduct by Rovers chief MacDonald, who has declared any proposed deal between the club and Silverbear “dead in the water”.

But Dellios, who came into contact with the club when his EVRO Football Pro academy business – which has no links to Silverbear – was providing them with players on trial, has accused MacDonald of “distortion of facts” as well as blocking proposed player transfers into the club.

In an emailed statement sent to Courier Sport, he claimed the Raith chairman had failed: “To provide data for the due diligence, to set up a Zoom call with [Rovers owner] John Sim [and] to arrange a proposed meeting in Thailand with John Sim to speed things up.”

He also insisted proposed deals for trialists provided by his EVRO academy had nothing to do with Silverbear’s interest – and had been stonewalled by MacDonald.

Dellios wrote: “Players were asked by [Raith manager] Ian Murray to go for trials on the 22nd September 2022 as he was in desperate need of players.

“46 days later chairman Steven MacDonald disclosed the financial difficulties and the need of an investor.

“Further 13 days onwards, the first formal contact to Silverbear Capital was established and it was agreed to have a look at the club.

“This timeline proves that the players had absolutely nothing to do with Silverbear Capital.

Both players, who played four [bounce] games for Rovers (also v Hibs), had offers to sign with other clubs during the January window, but decided to go with Raith Rovers, cause of their promises and style of play.

“Furthermore a Swiss ex-youth international from LASK (Austrian top tier) was invited by Ian Murray [and] James Carlin [scout] and [Scottish Football Hall of Fame member] Gordon Smith arranged a possible loan with Manchester City (one of the top clubs in the world) for Raith Rovers.

“Both deals were blocked by Steven MacDonald, chairman of Raith Rovers, despite the fact that Raith asked for it.”

Dellios added: “During the last two meetings, in the presence of chairman Steven MacDonald, John Sim, James Carlin, Gordon Smith and Mike Dellios, it was established that such business practices are unacceptable and the talks could only resume [if] there would be an imminent change of management.”

Steven MacDonald, when approached for comment on Dellios’ statement, said: “As far as I am concerned, I am done talking about Mr Dellios.”

Mike, read The room and GTF. Swiss International, out of contract...funny a wee bit of googling and his kid played for their under 16's......

Well done Steve McDonald for ending the bun fight. "NO comment" is just what this needed. Courier rightly trying to get some kind of scoop which is why the lack of drama in the Sum piece was spot on.

Papers need conflict and drama to shift units, problem is folk think journalists are at times supportive folk. 

A good couple of days for club comms. 

3 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Jeez, I'm not sure I completely follow what that article is trying to say. It's all over the place! Swiss Internationals and loans from Man City all desperate to go to the Rovers.... Aye right.

I'm quite happy that we appear to be desisting from getting this Delios character involved. Kudos to the board on that.

Does this sound like the shysters were wanting rid of Ian Murray?

If so, it was probably spite for him rejecting the trialists.

Dellios added: “During the last two meetings, in the presence of chairman Steven MacDonald, John Sim, James Carlin, Gordon Smith and Mike Dellios, it was established that such business practices are unacceptable and the talks could only resume [if] there would be an imminent change of management.”

I think they want rid of MacDonald. I'd imagine it's something like. We have the best chairman in the world waiting for the job, but you don't know him he's not from round here and he'd batter your chairman because he's got a black belt but he just doesnt want to. 

45 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Here’s the superstar from one of the worlds biggest clubs…

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/cieran-slicker/profil/spieler/621997

And here is the only ex Swiss youth International I can find at LASK...playing for LASK Amature

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/enrique-wild/profil/spieler/359079

9 minutes ago, basher brash said:

What’s this Delios being bitter about ! He’s already stated they are looking at other clubs now 

Dellios keeping this going in the papers could be his downall. Hopefully other clubs are reading it and can see he comes across as a walloper and give him a wide berth.

Absolutely dodged a bullet with this guy and his nonsense. Neither of those players would be what we required, assuming they're the right ones, total charlatan of a man it seems. Him, Carlin and the evergreen dryride of a man that is Gordon Smith can jog all the way on to some other club. Dellios wouldn't know a good player if it punched him in his very punchable face if his EVRO business is to be believed.