The New Raith Rovers Thread

17 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Just noting that Fulham are looking certain to be playing EPL football, at least next year, and wondering how much cash a Bowie appearance might be in the next few years…just saying. Surely we got an appearance contingency in that deal!?

Bowie is 20 now and has managed 4 goals in half a season at Northampton. He's no chance of ever appearing for Fulham. 

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Bowie is 20 now and has managed 4 goals in half a season at Northampton. He's no chance of ever appearing for Fulham. 

And I’m not winning the Megamillions either, but I’ll buy a ticket!

37 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

Agreed but did he actually tell us our debt in total. No he didn't in any way shape or form. 

A lot of the club's debt is owed to John Sim and other Directors, or potentially even former directors. 

He did mention we have approx £35k from a Covid bounceback loan, which we took as an intended buffer that we wouldn't spend. Yep, we spent it. 

19 minutes ago, Michael W said:

A lot of the club's debt is owed to John Sim and other Directors, or potentially even former directors. 

He did mention we have approx £35k from a Covid bounceback loan, which we took as an intended buffer that we wouldn't spend. Yep, we spent it. 

The fact that the debt is primarily due to Sim and possibly other directors means there's very little chance of the club going into administration.

These guys are hardly likely to pull the plug and receive a few pence in the pound in return.

2 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Getting auld so my hearing not so good but did he not mention near the beginning of interview debt was something like 2.5 mill?

IDK, but sounds right…from 2021 accounts £2,516,876

Edited to add: Looks like about 62% owed to Sim and co.

Edited by TxRover

Fair play to Sim for appearing on camera and answering questions. My problem with it all is he still talks as if he’s suddenly picking up a mess created by someone else. He’s been at the club for years, and for the last three or four has been pretty much making every single decision.

He is right that the Scottish football financial model is fucked though and as an aspiring Championship side with a small supporter base we are more fucked than most. Would always rather just cut our cloth and live with the inevitable consequences of that than roll the dice and risk being another Gretna.

The biggest problem for the club appears to be that although he’s known since 2006 that he’d want out around this point, there has been no succession plan or exit strategy put in place. That has left us where we are right now. 

On his comments near the end, would  be interested to know who on the Board is arguing that we should not tell supporters stuff?  Worrying that even after the DG shit show, there’s still that mentality in the boardroom. 

Anyway well done to Raith TV for another excellent job and asking the questions. 

Edited by roverthemoon

Mr Sim states the first season back in the championship we budgeted for an 8 th place finish yet finished 3rd so why on earth did we budget for a 4th place finish when really we over achieved in that first season , IMO we should be budgeting  for 7th or 6th to be on the safe side , Next season go back to a hybrid model and realistically set a mid table finish. Rovers can only stay full time with more investment because 1400- 1800 home fans through the gate ain’t going to do it 

10 hours ago, Michael W said:

Was it not a 50k loan which we spent and 35k has been repaid or still due to be repaid?

16 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Was it not a 50k loan which we spent and 35k has been repaid or still due to be repaid?

It was yeah. I meant we had £35k still to pay back on it, but worded the post badly. 

Sim reckons it'll be paid back in 2-3 years. 

Fuming to be missing next Saturday cup game. I am one who doesn’t have a season ticket as I work every 2nd Saturday as do my mates. So, tried to call as soon as sales went live this morning at 10am for the limited tickets only to have no answer twice and now tickets sold out. 500 tickets is pish.

On 11/01/2023 at 15:25, Enigma said:

Probably doesn’t look great on those highland league tattie fields. Imagine he spends most of the minutes he has played watching the ball fly over his head.

Mmm, Not watched much HL have you. Several decent pitches (including ours) and we try and play footy the right way. If he can not fit into that then too bad.

14 minutes ago, Jack Rae2 said:

Fuming to be missing next Saturday cup game. I am one who doesn’t have a season ticket as I work every 2nd Saturday as do my mates. So, tried to call as soon as sales went live this morning at 10am for the limited tickets only to have no answer twice and now tickets sold out. 500 tickets is pish.

I'm in the same boat, managed to get the day off work though so hoping someone is shifting one by next weekend 

3 minutes ago, Chrisrush1471 said:

I'm in the same boat, managed to get the day off work though so hoping someone is shifting one by next weekend 

I, like many others, work midweek, no time off during the times they are open to go down. I tried to phone multiple times, starting before 10am, did not get through at all, sold out at 10:20 or so. There has to be a better way around this. Especially with it being first come first served. I understand the whole limited tickets shite but it’s a joke when you say to fans phone or office only to purchase then can’t get through on the phone and open your office only midweek hours.