The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its easier to get foreign players at your club because there's more to pick from.

Getting an apple is easier if youre competing against 10 folk for 100 apples rather than 100 folk for 10 apples.

Instead of clubs looking solely for European players and competing against English sides, they can now get players from all over the planet that English clubs cant.

I'll walk here though, aware ill now get the pish ripped out me, as youre clearly not grasping my point and i cant be arsed with this since youve decided to throw insults about. Im not getting involved in that.

Everybody gets your point. The issue here is you made it REALLY badly and what you said in the first place was 100% wrong, mainly because you still don't appear to have grasped the meaning of the word easier and appear to be trying to use it in entirely the wrong context.

7 hours ago, Michael W said:

I certainly didn't. Also didn't realise Sinton had been back helping out either. 

I did as I heard Boyd was coming back to the club at around the same point Karen McCartney was going (End of November), I asked if he was taking over her job, apparently he isn't.  Officially there has been nothing that I've seen, unless I missed it.

David Sinton I didn't know about. Also on that matter given our owner's line of business and his pal (DS) it's very strange that the new man who was helping with the accounts was so clueless to the extent "David stepped back in".   Horses for courses I wouldn't expect a top class accountant to be able to identify and recruit a football but I did think getting a decent accountant in would have been right up their alley.

For the rest of the Sim interview is an hour and nine minutes of "not enough meat on the bone" as the new Chairman would say.  

Lots of things covered but with very, very little clarification. Plenty of waffle, a fair bit of moving the goalposts and no acknowledgement of misdemeanors or apologies.

"We need someone charismatic and passionate", I guess he's getting regular visits from The Ghosts of Rovers Chairmen past, Gawn Yersel Turnbull!

Edited by Scottydog

After listening to the Sim Interview for me it's more, divert, divert, divert than answering any of the issues raised in this forum. The first 10 minutes talking about how clueless he is to creating and sticking to a budget over the last 20 years is laughable. The fact he buried his head in the sand whilst doing so is even more frightening. When Davie mentioned re the question. If the young fan, he talked of Raith rovers still being a club then talks about them in the same vein as Dundee and Livi. I'm sorry that serious alarm bell being rung in my mind. The fact he completely deflected the question re budget in this transfer window talking about economic climate etc etc.  My tuppence worth from that interview is we are screwed, nobody is interested in taking us over or investing in any way. The only way we get taken over is when someone buys us from an administrator. It is wholy apparent that the board are clueless, absolutely clueless in the day to day running of a football club.

Edited by foreverarover

33 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Did I hear Ian Murray in his pre-Cove interview saying Aaron Arnott was back with us?

29 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Not in so many words but it seems that's the case. 

IM clearly says “Grieg Young and Aaron Arnott were cup tied as well, we know we’ve got them back, which is good to have two more bodies.”

24 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

After listening to the Sim Interview for me it's more, divert, divert, divert than answering any of the issues raised in this forum. The first 10 minutes talking about how clueless he is to creating and sticking to a budget over the last 20 years is laughable. The fact he buried his head in the sand whilst doing so is even more frightening. When Davie mentioned re the question. If the young fan, he talked of Raith rovers still being a club then talks about them in the same vein as Dundee and Livi. I'm sorry that serious alarm bell being rung in my mind. The fact he completely deflected the question re budget in this transfer window talking about economic climate etc etc.  My tuppence worth from that interview is we are screwed, nobody is interested in taking us over or investing in any way. The only way we get taken over is when someone buys us from an administrator. It is wholy apparent that the board are clueless, absolutely clueless in the day to day running of a football club.

Who in their right mind would be? It's hardly a guaranteed return on their input. Sim is right about one thing, the finances and prizes in Scottish football is a shambles. 

Thought John Sim came over well in the interview IMO shows he is a supporter and does care for the club. 

He is obviously unable to discuss any talks for investment or buy out, but never really answered the question about players being cut eve  though we've been told some may have to leave.

It also appears that any future development at SP is just a pipe dream and will never happen. 

Just noting that Fulham are looking certain to be playing EPL football, at least next year, and wondering how much cash a Bowie appearance might be in the next few years…just saying. Surely we got an appearance contingency in that deal!?