The New Raith Rovers Thread

23 minutes ago, TxRover said:

(Imagine) At the 1” mark, Masson drives to the end line and crosses to Little John, who heads it home…the scenes…

And Masson crosses to John, heading over…eerie…that would have been hilarious.

Edited by TxRover

5 minutes ago, TxRover said:

So far Masson useful at RB, a handy skill for our utility reserve defender. Granted, it’s the Queen’s reserve side, but still. McBride seems pretty active.

Hard to tell from the commentary.

Two teams who haven't offered much, and the referee has been there with his whistle any time some football has threatened to break out. Just a very scrappy, midfield stalemate. 

The Rovers have maybe been mildly more threatening, and Gullan did hit the bar from a corner, but neither keeper has really had to do much. 

Frederiksen has been... fine? Like all of our strikers, he's had to drop deep to get involved, but his touch has generally been alright and he's managed to offload the ball a few times. Did as well as he could with the one reasonable cross, but it was a few inches too high even for him. 

I think we're missing an opportunity sticking with the one striker. Gullan has been really well marshalled by the right back but he's been sellotaped to that touchline. Surely it'd help both him and John to be up top together. 

20 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Frederiksen has been... fine? Like all of our strikers, he's had to drop deep to get involved, but his touch has generally been alright and he's managed to offload the ball a few times. Did as well as he could with the one reasonable cross, but it was a few inches too high even for him. 

I think we're missing an opportunity sticking with the one striker. Gullan has been really well marshalled by the right back but he's been sellotaped to that touchline. Surely it'd help both him and John to be up top together. 

My son is at the game and says big John offering more than connell does 🤷🏻‍♂️ certainly glad he has had a chance , well over due 

4 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

My son is at the game and says big John offering more than connell does 🤷🏻‍♂️ certainly glad he has had a chance , well over due 

He's just defended a couple of corners by himself. I don't imagine Connell would've done that. 

You know how on Fifa there's a game mode where you can take control of a single player instead of the whole team? That's what this game has been like. Every single player on the park is putting in the same run-of-the-mill 5/10 performance, except Tom Lang who's flitting about the back line doing Cruyff turns and trying to go on mazy runs through the entire Queens' team.