The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Fully agree with this. I've started calling it out with the folk about me who I'm pals with. We've already seen in the past with Lewis Allan the psychological side. In all honesty,  I'd encourage all players to try to avoid stuff like twitter. We've already seen folk tagging one of our players in absolute drivel before a game this season. By all means,  be quietly critical of players but don't scream telling them they're shit. It helps absolutely nobody.

Forgot about that looney, what a slavering mess he is, I’m sadly blocked now, I enjoyed seeing his drivel. 

The pre-match interview is up and Ian Murray has said that we are down to the bare bones, has said following the latest training session we only have 12 outfield players fit and available. Also mentioned when asked that there is no movement in the transfer market and hopes there could be movement in the market in the next 10 to 15 days.

1 hour ago, Raith69 said:

The pre-match interview is up and Ian Murray has said that we are down to the bare bones, has said following the latest training session we only have 12 outfield players fit and available. Also mentioned when asked that there is no movement in the transfer market and hopes there could be movement in the market in the next 10 to 15 days.

OK, so that’ll be (outfield)…

We know Ngwenya and Stanton are out…plus Young is Cup tied…and Connell is out of contract.

That leaves:

Brown, Connolly, Dick, Easton, Frederiksen, Gullan, Lang, Nolan, McBride, Mahady, Masson, Millen, Spencer, Vaughan

Which means two of those 14 are out of the picture…

We can guess Mahady is out, because he hasn’t been in the bench for weeks. My thoughts are be the other is one of Nolan, Gullan, Easton or Vaughan.

IM cleverly didn’t address JMac’s condition either, but I’d expect McNeil to start.

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

We know Ngwenya and Stanton are out…plus Young is Cup tied…and Connell is out of contract.

That leaves:

Brown, Connolly, Dick, Easton, Frederiksen, Gullan, Lang, Nolan, McBride, Mahady, Masson, Millen, Spencer, Vaughan

We can guess Mahady is out, because he hasn’t been in the bench for weeks. My thoughts are be the other is one of Nolan, Gullan, Easton or Vaughan.

IM cleverly didn’t address JMac’s condition either, but I’d expect McNeil to start.

He really likes sailing close to the wind, I think a loan or two wouldn’t be a bad thing tbh to boost squad numbers , our team is pretty good apart from the fabled striker we all need but with the injuries not clearing up I think it would be prudent to get a body or two in, Masson would benefit from a league 2 loan as it would be very unfair to expect him to play championship if the  💩 hits the fan 

55 minutes ago, TxRover said:

That leaves:

Looking very likely that Fredericksen will get 90 mins, I couldn't care less about the result its Cove we need to have fit players for if Murray cant get loans or signings in

3 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

I just presumed that given the recent financial statements we’ll be going with what we’ve got. Can’t see Sim funding anything as he’s on his way out and the usual folk who quietly fund signings are probably put off by all the uncertainty. 

He'll have a difficult job selling if we somehow manage to be relegated 

53 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

He really likes sailing close to the wind, I think a loan or two wouldn’t be a bad thing tbh to boost squad numbers , our team is pretty good apart from the fabled striker we all need but with the injuries not clearing up I think it would be prudent to get a body or two in, Masson would benefit from a league 2 loan as it would be very unfair to expect him to play championship if the  💩 hits the fan 

Masson we could do with seeing play, as we don’t have the bodies to loan him, and we are getting to nut cutting time on him, Mitchell, Young…all modern apprentices and out of contract come June.

Here’s one reality, Nolan has been out a little, if he’s back hobbled by the 90 minutes Friday, Masson is at CB with Lang or Young is playing LB. We are perilously thin in the back.

7 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Looking very likely that Fredericksen will get 90 mins, I couldn't care less about the result its Cove we need to have fit players for if Murray cant get loans or signings in

I’m just cynical enough to expect to see “Subs: MacDonald, Frederiksen”…

6 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

He'll have a difficult job selling if we somehow manage to be relegated 

Think it’ll a struggle to sell regardless of what league we’re in tbh. Suspect he’ll take a chance that we can survive with what we’ve got rather than risk losing more money. 

Edited by roverthemoon

Frederikson as long as he's not one carrying a knock has to start to show us what he has albeit against the best team in the league. In terms of loans I'm not sure Murray has any intention or funds for loans. He's making the right noises but only says he hopes the market picks up in 10-15 days.

Finally there is still much uncertainty surrounding the club ownership. Surely Raith TV are seeking an interview with Sim and the chairman. It would be good to hear from Raith TV regarding this and I'm sure they will read these posts.

8 minutes ago, Michael W said:

If we really do only have 12 outfield players fit, just give QP a walkover and get the cup to f**k. 

.24 Any Club/club without just cause failing to fulfil its fixture obligations in respect of a Match on the appointed date or dates shall be liable to be disqualified and/or subject to such other punishment as the Board may determine.

4.30 Without prejudice to any sanctions which may be imposed for a breach of these Regulations, a Club/club failing to fulfil a fixture obligation shall be liable to pay compensation for any expenses reasonably incurred by the opposing Club/club and Match Officials as a result of the failure. The amount of such compensation will be at the discretion of the Board which will consider every such case on its merits.