The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

A welcome point tonight a good striker and we'd be in the mix, still it's a point closer to safety

I'd say with even a half decent striker we'd be in the mix.

I didn't see the game tonight, but that's a good point in my opinion.

To continue the same complaints we've been having since approximately January 2021, we really, really need a decent striker. An excellent first half, but just lacking in the final third (again). 

Can't fault the team tonight. With Stanton and Matthews out we just had no depth whatsoever on the bench. McBride and Fredriksen have been used very sparingly and we were bringing then on at the end. We were asking a lot of the players and we were visibly tired. 

1 hour ago, Granty1903 said:

Can I ask,are yous trying to keep kyle connell 

Murray's interview seemed to give that impression. 

A huge mistake in my opinion. We need strikers that score goals and, well, signing our current loanee that isn't scoring goals is never going to be the answer. 

Just now, Michael W said:

Murray's interview seemed to give that impression. 

A huge mistake in my opinion. We need strikers that score goals and, well, signing our current loanee that isn't scoring goals is never going to be the answer. 

Aye, I'd rather we recalled Mitchell and gave him a go.

45 minutes ago, Michael W said:

To continue the same complaints we've been having since approximately January 2021, we really, really need a decent striker. An excellent first half, but just lacking in the final third (again). 

Can't fault the team tonight. With Stanton and Matthews out we just had no depth whatsoever on the bench. McBride and Fredriksen have been used very sparingly and we were bringing then on at the end. We were asking a lot of the players and we were visibly tired. 

Agree with all of this. I thought we played as well as we have for a long time for the first hour but you could see we were fading badly in the last half an hour but all we had on the bench was forward players when we needed someone to come in and beef up the midfield really. 

Still, it's another point in the board and the performance gives more cause for optimism than most of our recent matches.

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

Most worrying thing tonight was IM apparently looking to sign Connell. Yes we have no depth that was shown tonight but squad players are not the answer just like he said about the 4 players this HK lot wanted us to sign.

1 minute ago, raith1974 said:

Most worrying thing tonight was IM apparently looking to sign Connell. Yes we have no depth that was shown tonight but squad players are not the answer just like he said about the 4 players this HK lot wanted us to sign.

If we do sign him, it better only be a deal to the end of the season. Handing out a deal any longer than that would be a borderline sackable offence. 

4 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Or perhaps the subject of ongoing transfer discussion....

Strangely, it sounds like Stanton is awaiting a scan…weird, in that Davie on RaithTV said he was recovering from a viral infection.

Edited by TxRover

6 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Strangely, it sounds like Stanton is awaiting a scan…weird, in that Davie on RaithTV said he was recovering from a viral infection.

I heard it as he missed last week with virus so possibly still an issue. Manager clears up likely a knock in training or dual issue. Tuned in to their broadcast tonight. Wish we had access for the weeks I can't make it's an excellent product.

Craig Dargo on Commentary put some of the BBC wage thief's to shame. Excellent foil for RTV team. 

7 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

From this week's FFP

20230106_163428.thumb.jpg.2d49704e954ea00206fb04ca5dbf3758.jpg

I'm a bit pissed off at the media chat about 'selling' players when we can't fill the bench for a league game.

The board (that's you John) has to stop talking shite and get behind the team.

Don't drive down the value of the team for an easy exit, make it appealing for a purchaser to pick up and drive onwards.