The New Raith Rovers Thread

9 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

On slightly different matters any rumours of any players coming in at all?

Abroath look like they’ve done four bits of fantastic business this week alone.

We can probably quite safely rule out a Swiss international and a player from one of the "top teams in the world". 

RE Arbroath, it's pretty clear that they are chucking the sink at the staying up. Not sure I would go as far as saying fantastic business, albeit I would take most the players they've signed based on the options we have from the bench. 

3 hours ago, renton said:

Slightly hyperbolic?

I’ll concede yes.

just read the comments from the Dundee fans that one of the new players for the smokies basically ripped them to bits. 

Could end up being a lot tighter a league (exc Hamilton) if Abroath go on a run which I think they will. 

Shudder to think of us finishing 2nd bottom and facing McGlynns Falkirk in a playoff. 

That said we should only need another 4 wins or so to get any thoughts of relegation gone. A chance tonight to get some points.

9 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

I’ll concede yes.

just read the comments from the Dundee fans that one of the new players for the smokies basically ripped them to bits. 

Could end up being a lot tighter a league (exc Hamilton) if Abroath go on a run which I think they will. 

Shudder to think of us finishing 2nd bottom and facing McGlynns Falkirk in a playoff. 

That said we should only need another 4 wins or so to get any thoughts of relegation gone. A chance tonight to get some points.

Aye, he sounds like he had a decent debut. He would also have found some extra space with them having an extra man for most of the game. Note also that Dundee still pegged them back to 2-2. They aren't suddenly world beaters.

23 minutes ago, renton said:

Aye, he sounds like he had a decent debut. He would also have found some extra space with them having an extra man for most of the game. Note also that Dundee still pegged them back to 2-2. They aren't suddenly world beaters.

And still went 2-0 up when there was 22 players on the park. 

Only point I’m making really is they’ve got better and we’re weaker through Connor going and injuries. 

Need to maintain / increase the gap between us and them / Cove

22 minutes ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

And still went 2-0 up when there was 22 players on the park. 

Only point I’m making really is they’ve got better and we’re weaker through Connor going and injuries. 

Need to maintain / increase the gap between us and them / Cove

One game doesn't mean they've gotten better. Maybe they are but they could easily lose the next two. As for us, with Lang back we're probably about the same as we've always been.

9 hours ago, Michael W said:

We can probably quite safely rule out a Swiss international and a player from one of the "top teams in the world". 

RE Arbroath, it's pretty clear that they are chucking the sink at the staying up. Not sure I would go as far as saying fantastic business, albeit I would take most the players they've signed based on the options we have from the bench. 

The difference being the last few years they have probably made 150k profit each season and seen improvments to the staduim. We on the other hand 🤷‍♀️

19 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

No Sam Stanton again, is he ill or carrying an injury? 

Not discussed when IM talked injuries, so the previous statement about illness (RaithTV, I believe) seems plausible…but, you never know.