The New Raith Rovers Thread

26 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Further response from the club in The Courier

That would appear to be that, as far as "Silverbear Capital" are concerned. The Rovers essentially calling this Dellios clown out as a fantasist, and name checking his Michelin Man too. 

Very unbecoming that it's had to be played out in public, but good news that this mob have been chased. 

'No direct discussions with Silverbear'. That tells you all you need to know, really. 

Also to add - The Courier article makes clear that it was both the club and stadium that Silverbear was supposed to be buying. 

No proof of funds has been put forward by Dellios, Carlin and their chapparone Gordon Smith. Happy that I am this particular bunch of chancers appear to be being told to piss off, I am also concerned we have actually entertained discussions with this clowncar outfit. 

Edited by Michael W

35 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

This was explained at an AGM, due to not having a constant income stream there will be cash shortages through the year.

Since the 29th October we have played 7/10 games at home, our next 10 games see us playing 4/10 games at home.

The juggling act is to spread the income over the 20 games in the example.

If the soft loans are paid back and the books are balanced that’s great, but that doesn’t seem to have been the norm over the years, and it doesn’t seem a great business model.

To me, needing loans demonstrates that the club aren’t living within their means. 

47 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Further response from the club in The Courier

That would appear to be that, as far as "Silverbear Capital" are concerned. The Rovers essentially calling this Dellios clown out as a fantasist, and name checking his Michelin Man too. 

Very unbecoming that it's had to be played out in public, but good news that this mob have been chased. 

A good response from the club I think, as said though, its a shame its been done in public. Hopefully this Dellios p***k and his illiterate, thick mate Carlin can disappear back into the wilderness.

4 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

A good response from the club I think, as said though, its a shame its been done in public. Hopefully this Dellios p***k and his illiterate, thick mate Carlin can disappear back into the wilderness.

I hope so. I'm already getting tyred of reading about Carlin.

How have these 3 stooges come to find silver bear ? did they just Google Hong Kong financial firms and think f**k it we'll chance our arm that we can use their name. 

Were they going to thrash out a deal with Sim and then approach silverbear for the cash, who would have looked at us for about a minute and went "nah"

These fuckers will try this on again with another club in a worse position than us, someone like Hamilton Accies.

It's a bloody shambles, this silverbear lot look to be a bunch of slavering chancers, hopefully if the club is sold then it's not to these eejits, but I can't see a huge queue of rich investors wanting to throw there money away on a mid/lower table championship club with a piss poor fanbase, it just doesn't make any sense.

If JS wants a legacy he has to sell to someone who outlines there plans and investment in the short and long term for the Rovers, god knows who that will be. 

It seem that their entire game plan was "Go and sign these players, and afterwards we'll totally buy the club....honest"

From the all over the place statements we've been putting out the last few weeks it seems the club have realised this group were a bunch of chancers and wanted to see if there was anybody else interested, but without telling this lot to piss off just incase they did actually turn up with a load of money.

But at least we now know that Sim wants out, which it would seem has been the case privately for a little while if he's been having discussions with this lot before anything came out publicly. 

In order to be fair to the club well done on this latest piece of communication. It is clear, decisive and reassuring so basically everything that was missing in earlier interviews. 

This is the best media output since pre DGW.

Please can they now stay away from microphones and act like a professional outfit moving forward. 

Seems we might have (for once) dodged a bullet. Facebook FC seem to have been seeking to use us as a showcase for their bang average players hooking Silverbear along the way.

They try to belittle the club stewardship via the Courier and get their arse handed to them on a plate. 

Wonder if the chance they saw was to have their "talent" replace Fife Elite thereby lining their pickets as players were scouted. Maybe the Facebook FC/Raith Rovers reserve team. 

The Broomhill model further up the tier is the realm of Charlatans and chancers. 

As bad as the Chairmans talk has been the mention of club values etc has eased my immediate concerns. 

Edited by Always next quarter
Spelling

14 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

As far as this guy is concerned, Rovers need to Tread very carefully.

4 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Get a Grip....

Glad this deal seems to have been punctured 

33 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

In order to be fair to the club well done on this latest piece of communication. It is clear, decisive and reassuring so basically everything that was missing in earlier interviews. 

This is the best media output since pre DGW.

Please can they now stay away from microphones and act like a professional outfit moving forward. 

Seems we might have (for once) dodged a bullet. Facebook FC seem to have been seeking to use us as a showcase for their bang average players hooking Silverbear along the way.

They try to belittle the club stewardship via the Courier and get their arse handed to them on a plate. 

Wonder if the chance they saw was to have their "talent" replace Fife Elite thereby lining their pickets as players were scouted. Maybe the Facebook FC/Raith Rovers reserve team. 

The Broomhill model further up the tier is the realm of Charlatans and chancers. 

As bad as the Chairmans talk has been the mention of club values etc has eased my immediate concerns. 

I said the same a few days ago about them hoping to provide us with their “players” . It can be the only thing they get out of it

3 hours ago, Raithfan2711 said:

Willing to bet some of these players were the trialists in the Hibs friendly. Didn’t exactly stand out, and were certainly not in positions that we are crying out for cover in (well, maybe left back now if Ngwenya’s injury from Monday turns out to be long term).

Got Greig Young to cover if Ngwenya is out for a bit