The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, CALDERON said:

I have absolutely never said that, quite the opposite.

I’m not trying to be a nuclear weapon here😝 what is the solution. With all the bullshit going on, what the f**k do WE as a club do since Sim is throwing his toys out of the pram. That is all. I’ve even begged the Penmans to get involved ffs. 

3 minutes ago, Frank conner said:

Will people turn up to games or will they keep on complaining about  having no money that is the question?

I think bemoaning the fans not turning up during a cost of living crisis is a bit much. Folk who can go are going. Kirkcaldy isn’t awash with cash and it’s a tough time for everyone. Football is unfortunately an unaffordable luxury for some. 

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Strange, as the Courier suggested Murray was looking at "loans and out of contract players"

Loans would be the proverbial gift horse he wouldn’t look in the mouth. Out of contract is where we got Little John and McBride…

5 hours ago, Raith69 said:

After listening to the post match interview with Murray, it seems pretty certain that Murray isn't looking to add anyone to the squad in this window. He says that he is happy with the squad and unless something comes up that is too good to miss out on if we can make it happen then we go with what we have.

So looks like no new additions which is not a big surprise given our budget and off-field goings on.

John McGlynn use to say the same “I’m happy with the squad I’ve got” few days/weeks later 1 or 2 more are in,

I don’t think Murray is gonna come out and say we will defo sign someone as look what happened in the summer when he said someone was close to signing and for reasons didn’t happen 

Edited by RRFC_Liam

12 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

I’m not trying to be a nuclear weapon here😝 what is the solution. With all the bullshit going on, what the f**k do WE as a club do since Sim is throwing his toys out of the pram. That is all. I’ve even begged the Penmans to get involved ffs. 

Don't know what the solution is, but im happy enough to give Murray time to figure it out.  Sitting 3 points off 4th and well clear of relegation at this stage is absolutely fine.  It's not exactly been an enthralling watch, but given the state of things the manager inherited, its been fine. 

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Loans would be the proverbial gift horse he wouldn’t look in the mouth. Out of contract is where we got Little John and McBride…

McBride did OK today granted it was 16 minutes against a team seemingly doomed to relegation but, baby steps and all that.

10 minutes ago, TxRover said:

If the “manager” would stop watching YouTube videos that would help

Edited by baillieinleeds

7 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Football is unfortunately an unaffordable luxury for some. 

…as is, some would say, Rovers games…

I really wish that some of the people so strident against an individual would just take a step back and a deep breath. We’re mid-pack with that player having done a lot of work to help us be there, no, it’s not what we’d like, but an Accies fan would snap your arm off for it.

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Don't know what the solution is, but im happy enough to give Murray time to figure it out.  Sitting 3 points off 4th and well clear of relegation at this stage is absolutely fine.  It's not exactly been an enthralling watch, but given the state of things the manager inherited, its been fine. 

We’ve lost a shit ton of games so far. Just remembering the utter shite we had to endure since you know who doesn’t like fill me with any kind of confidence. I don’t think Murray has any contacts in the game. But hey that’s just me. Honestly not trying to be a c**t 

29 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I think bemoaning the fans not turning up during a cost of living crisis is a bit much. Folk who can go are going. Kirkcaldy isn’t awash with cash and it’s a tough time for everyone. Football is unfortunately an unaffordable luxury for some. 

You can't have it both ways! Cost of living crisis are you really falling for that shit?

1 minute ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Why have you put manager in inverted commas, and what do you mean about him watching YouTube? 

Quite easily. He watched videos of comedy John and McBride so that entitles me to the inverted commas remark. 

2 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Quite easily. He watched videos of comedy John and McBride so that entitles me to the inverted commas remark. 

I doubt that’s how they ended up signed for us, and that still doesn’t really make any sense in terms of the other question, but thanks for explaining. 

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Agreed even though im not a huge Murray fan, it could be a lot worse