The New Raith Rovers Thread

14 hours ago, TxRover said:

ICT already confirmed bringing in a winger and also in for a Celtic B striker (LL, but 9 goals in 11 appearances, including 2 vs Rangers B (league leaders))…do we have any rumours, any?

Heard some Hong Kong lads are buying us.

A wins a win however a blind man can see we are desperate for a number 9 , Looking at the stats it proves it 3rd best defence in the league , 4 th best most shots on goal , 5 clean sheets but 3rd worst in the league for goals scored , league positions and stats don’t lie if we can get this mythical number 9 who can chip in with a few goals we can still be in the hunt for 4th 

Well, s**t. Reread the suspension rules, 6 yellows is one match…the first match in the same competition occuring on/after the 14th day from the sixth yellow. Than makes it ICT at SP on the 28th that Brown misses. The same ICT that plastered Cove today.

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Well, s**t. Reread the suspension rules, 6 yellows is one match…the first match in the same competition occuring on/after the 14th day from the sixth yellow. Than makes it ICT at SP on the 28th that Brown misses. The same ICT that plastered Cove today.

Dinny worry Tx, we canny beat them anyway

18 minutes ago, basher brash said:

A wins a win however a blind man can see we are desperate for a number 9 , Looking at the stats it proves it 3rd best defence in the league , 4 th best most shots on goal , 5 clean sheets but 3rd worst in the league for goals scored , league positions and stats don’t lie if we can get this mythical number 9 who can chip in with a few goals we can still be in the hunt for 4th 

We've had 31 more shots on target than Morton, and scored less goals.

8 minutes ago, pub car king said:

We could have Messi and Ronaldo up front we still wouldn't beat Inverness. In fact if we could get all our suspensions served that day it would do us a favour 

Wouldn’t mind seeing us try that, TBF. Suspect we could sell out hospitality and the Park…even if we bumped the prices a wee bit. I’m sure RaithTV could make a pretty penny from International PPV too!

8 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

We've had 31 more shots on target than Morton, and scored less goals.

Arbroath sign three attacking players, start them the next day, and beat Dundee 4-2…now I know it wasn’t the new players that scored, but something seems to have changed by adding them, where were we when Arbroath was locating these magicians?

7 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Wouldn’t mind seeing us try that, TBF. Suspect we could sell out hospitality and the Park…even if we bumped the prices a wee bit. I’m sure RaithTV could make a pretty penny from International PPV too!

Arbroath sign three attacking players, start them the next day, and beat Dundee 4-2…now I know it wasn’t the new players that scored, but something seems to have changed by adding them, where were we when Arbroath was locating these magicians?

Arbroath had a slight advantage for 60 minutes.

9 minutes ago, TxRover said:

The sending off might have helped.

1 minute ago, Beachbum said:

Arbroath had a slight advantage for 60 minutes.

1 minute ago, renton said:

The sending off might have helped.

Agree, but they still absolutely launched out of the gate before Ben did his nut. Just saying, other teams are already finding action, and we’re in silence, just makes me think IM has nothing to do this window, perhaps because he’s got no money?

3 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Agree, but they still absolutely launched out of the gate before Ben did his nut. Just saying, other teams are already finding action, and we’re in silence, just makes me think IM has nothing to do this window, perhaps because he’s got no money?

Freak results occur. I don't think Arbroath have suddenly found some font of attacking prowess.

1 minute ago, renton said:

Freak results occur. I don't think Arbroath have suddenly found some font of attacking prowess.

Don’t disagree, but it’s interesting. On a related note, some suggestions that the number of yellows required for a suspension changed today, so maybe Brown won’t be out…still looking.

After listening to the post match interview with Murray, it seems pretty certain that Murray isn't looking to add anyone to the squad in this window. He says that he is happy with the squad and unless something comes up that is too good to miss out on if we can make it happen then we go with what we have.

So looks like no new additions which is not a big surprise given our budget and off-field goings on.

38 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Don’t disagree, but it’s interesting. On a related note, some suggestions that the number of yellows required for a suspension changed today, so maybe Brown won’t be out…still looking.

Brown got his 6th in our 20th match, so no suspension,