The New Raith Rovers Thread

24 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Connor O'Riordan recalled by Crewe last night at basically no notice, to cover for injuries they've picked up. Could return at the end of January, but no guarantees on that front. 

PNmVmWsHGDNB.gif.41ad0e861f2aea404cb2e9dc402f9001.gif

At least Lang is back. We can go with w out of 3 of Dick, Lang and Nolan for the moment. 

23 minutes ago, renton said:

At least Lang is back. We can go with w out of 3 of Dick, Lang and Nolan for the moment. 

It's not the outright disaster that it would've been a couple of months ago, no, but O'Riordan is really the only name you could offer up alongside Connolly's for a player of the season so far. 

Lang and O'Riordan together would've been a centre half pairing to rival any other in the division. This entire season just feels like it's one-and-a-tiny-bit steps forward, one step back. 

2 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

It's not the outright disaster that it would've been a couple of months ago, no, but O'Riordan is really the only name you could offer up alongside Connolly's for a player of the season so far. 

Lang and O'Riordan together would've been a centre half pairing to rival any other in the division. This entire season just feels like it's one-and-a-tiny-bit steps forward, one step back. 

I can only agree. So long as the step forward is a tiny bit farther than the step back consistently, we'll avoid the worst of it.

Still got much bigger problems further forward.

33 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I think Dick and Lang could be a pretty solid centre back pairing for us anyway, although it does mean we'll need to keep hold of Ngwenya or source another left back option.

Young is due back in January, not ideal, but if Ngwenya gets recalled, he’s cover for when Dick plays CB. We have Millen/Nolan/Lang/Dick, with cover by Brown, Masson and Young. There is also the possibility we get O’Riordan back in a little bit.

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

O,Riordan is an excellent young player and although its disappointing hes been recalled , with a fit Tam “rolls royce Lang back its not a disaster

Agreed. 

Lang being back also gives us a little slack in defence. If we have the budget to do so, we should try and use the wage freed up to bring in a forward. 

3 hours ago, Against The Machine said:

Connor O'Riordan recalled by Crewe last night at basically no notice, to cover for injuries they've picked up. Could return at the end of January, but no guarantees on that front. 

PNmVmWsHGDNB.gif.41ad0e861f2aea404cb2e9dc402f9001.gif

We can’t really afford to wait till end of January because Nolan is injury prone and that would leave us with Liam dick who’s a natural lb and Tom Lang so we need to get another CH in quickly imo 

8 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

We can’t really afford to wait till end of January because Nolan is injury prone and that would leave us with Liam dick who’s a natural lb and Tom Lang so we need to get another CH in quickly imo 

As natural a left back as Dick may be, he's better at centre half regardless 

7 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

Believe this was might have been the case when he first arrived. Not so sure it is after the DG fallout. Suspect he just wants to recoup some cash and isn’t arsed about his legacy here as any goodwill with fans has probably long since sailed. 

I'm maybe being a horrible combination of naive and optimistic here, but is it maybe the case that these investors are clients of Sim's accountancy firm and he knows a bit about their business?

I think after the division and backlash of the Goodwillie saga, I'd be amazed if any local businessperson or consortium would want to get involved for fear of reprisals if they made a decision that wasn't to the liking of certain fans.

48 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

I'm maybe being a horrible combination of naive and optimistic here, but is it maybe the case that these investors are clients of Sim's accountancy firm and he knows a bit about their business?

I think after the division and backlash of the Goodwillie saga, I'd be amazed if any local businessperson or consortium would want to get involved for fear of reprisals if they made a decision that wasn't to the liking of certain fans.

Agree with your last point. Why would anyone want to invest money then be heavily criticised when a wrong decision is made.

51 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Have there been backlash’s to other signings outside of David Goodwillie? Unless they’re planning on bringing in Mason Greenwood why would they have anything to fear?

it’s not a lot to ask of our board that we avoid signing anyone who has been involved in a serious sexual assault.  We’re meant to be a family club. Believe it or not but most people don’t think signing a rapist is a good idea that’s why he was at Clyde.  

55 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Have there been backlash’s to other signings outside of David Goodwillie? Unless they’re planning on bringing in Mason Greenwood why would they have anything to fear?

it’s not a lot to ask of our board that we avoid signing anyone who has been involved in a serious sexual assault.  We’re meant to be a family club. Believe it or not but most people don’t think signing a rapist is a good idea that’s why he was at Clyde.  

I was against the Goodwillie signing, but there are / were a good few in favour of it. 

It's not impossible that local investors might look at the division and fractures within the support and decide it's not going to be easy to unite them.

10 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

I was against the Goodwillie signing, but there are / were a good few in favour of it. 

It's not impossible that local investors might look at the division and fractures within the support and decide it's not going to be easy to unite them.

One of those potential investors was meant to be covering the transfer fee and wages.