The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

I'm not going to lie, I forget mcbride exists 99% of the time. Even when he's on the pitch I forget he's there. I hope he isn't one we gave a two year deal to. 

Nope, May of 2023.

Next question, have Killie made a qualifying offer to Connell? If not, no compensation would be due…just saying.

1 hour ago, grumswall said:

Forgot to reply the first time you responded bud sorry. I agree the shit behind the scenes appears to be showing face on the pitch through one way or another. There may not be a plethora of strikers available for us but some of the chances he has missed in his time is criminal for any striker regardless of ability. 

No it was my fault, I didn’t mean to send that twice. I’m not on tapatalk. 

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Nope, May of 2023.

Next question, have Killie made a qualifying offer to Connell? If not, no compensation would be due…just saying.

They will still be due a development fee due to his age wouldn't they? Or is that only the case should we sign him, then sell him? 

16 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

No it was my fault, I didn’t mean to send that twice. I’m not on tapatalk. 

Tapatalk isn't a thing with pnb anymore. 

Edited by grumswall

19 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Fingers crossed he wont take a pay cut then, and that we're not willing to meet what hes looking for

If he wants to continue playing football, he's going to need to take a pay cut, because there won't be a club in Scotland daft enough to pay him whatever he's currently on. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

5 minutes ago, grumswall said:

They will still be due a development fee due to his age wouldn't they? Or is that only the case should we sign him, then sell him? 

Tapatalk isn't a thing with pnb anymore. 

No, they have to offer a contract to get a development fee, at least as I understand it.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Who do you use instead? Just asking, because crap might be better than the options if it helps Connolly score.

I'm saying free up whatever we are paying for him along with perhaps any fund we free up with another couple maybe leaving or going out on loan, then target a striker. What you are saying is let's just sign anyone from any club and play him because we have no one else. IM must have contacts in the game surely someone can help us out.

15 hours ago, philpy said:

If we had the wages for him, I'd take a punt on marc mcnulty. was at hibs and dundee utd, plenty of experience. 

You were suggesting we sign a player from the 9th tier of the league set up just 2 pages ago. Now you want us to sign Marc McNulty. Make you mind up, ffs. 

I see the East Fife manager is saying the boy they had on loan from Hibs - Joao Balde - will be joining an as yet unnamed Championship side next month and has played his last game for them. He plays centre mid. I don’t think it’s outwith the realms of possibility that we will lose someone from that position and sign him as a replacement. My bet would be on someone giving us a fee for Sam Stanton and us signing this boy as a replacement. Just guessing of course, no real substance to this other than thinking out loud. 

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I see the East Fife manager is saying the boy they had on loan from Hibs - Joao Balde - will be joining an as yet unnamed Championship side next month and has played his last game for them. He plays centre mid. I don’t think it’s outwith the realms of possibility that we will lose someone from that position and sign him as a replacement. My bet would be on someone giving us a fee for Sam Stanton and us signing this boy as a replacement. Just guessing of course, no real substance to this other than thinking out loud. 

He’s off to Arbroath 

16 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

I know he's only 30 but McNulty's last good season was 2017-18 with Coventry. His best days might have gone.

Couple this with his likely high wage demands and I think we know why he is currently without a club. It might well be The Championship would suit him, but if not he'd be a very expensive mistake. We've certainly had enough of those recently.