The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, steakngravy said:

How does that affect you out in the colonies TX?

Got to listen to all the whining…and will eventually impact a trip…course, Congress is about to fix our train issues, not that you can use them for travel.

Just wondering, so I poked around…Matej is playing for ND Ilirija 1911 in the Slovenian Second Division…13 games with 11 starts, 14 goals and two assists…the first two games he scored one goal and then three goals and an assist.

Wid have him over Little John/Connell/McBride (hell, even all three, bundle their wages) in an instant.

9 hours ago, TxRover said:

Just wondering, so I poked around…Matej is playing for ND Ilirija 1911 in the Slovenian Second Division…13 games with 11 starts, 14 goals and two assists…the first two games he scored one goal and then three goals and an assist.

Wid have him over Little John/Connell/McBride (hell, even all three, bundle their wages) in an instant.

So would I a total no brainer but unfortunately that ship has sailed 

10 hours ago, TxRover said:

I said that before the start of the season, but was told there is better!!!!

31 minutes ago, Enigma said:

It’s a foreign league, it must be good!

For a tiny wee country with just over 2.1 million people, I’d say so. The Slovenian National football team are no slouches either. But waits for other witless remarks

Surely if Poplatnik wanted to stay in Scotland,  someone would have taken a chance on him? Especially when almost every club in the Scottish lower leagues are desperate for a striker ?

Maybe he didn't want to stay?

1 hour ago, renton said:

Anyone got an idea of how good or bad the Slovenian 2nd tier actually is?

That’s the $10,000 question, isn’t it. Slovenia are ranked on par with Iceland, around 64…size wise, Slovenia is a quarter the size of Scotland, with a little less than half the population. To be honest, I’d guess it’s closer to League Two level than the Scottish Championship. The team he’s playing for for has a stadium capacity of 1,000,  but it is located next to a brewery! Average attendance is likely in the 200-300 range.