The New Raith Rovers Thread

14 minutes ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
If it was an isolated occurrence I might agree but not once this season have we gotten even a draw after falling behind. This is not a one off. If Murray continues this approach other teams will pick us off and do the same to us. I'm actually embarrassed for Murray that he's been in management this long and hasn't managed to develop any reasonable, balanced strategy to eat to falling behind in a game . 
I suppose the main thing is we look like we have enough about us to finish no worse than 8th though, so our main objective of safety should be met. Whether that's enough to justify another season of Murray, is another matter for another day. 

What joy do you get from trolling rovers fans after we've lost a game? Absolute weirdo.

Are you not concerned by this pattern? It's clear the players have no belief when we go behind and to me that's in the main due to Murray's apparently clueless response from the dugout. 

We've fallen behind 9 times this season and not once scored an equalising goal, never mind gotten anything from the match. 

If he can't see that he's the problem here then he needs someone to tell him. 

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

Are you not concerned by this pattern? It's clear the players have no belief when we go behind and to me that's in the main due to Murray's apparently clueless response from the dugout. 
We've fallen behind 9 times this season and not once scored an equalising goal, never mind gotten anything from the match. 
If he can't see that he's the problem here then he needs someone to tell him. 
I'm not overly concerned about Murrays performance, no. I always said I'd judge him after the first quarter. We're doing fine. Yes, he can be better and needs to learn, but he's also already shown he has and is trying to learn with it all. He didn't leave us with two defenders on the pitch and 5 strikers today while chasing the game for example. He didn't get the changes right, but he's trying different options. We've came off of a 4 game winning streak and lost 2.
It's a tight league and it's looking very likely its going to be this way for quite a while this season. If you can't deal with it then I'd suggest Scottish football isn't for you tbh.

11 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

His go to when we’re losing is to sub on forwards. Has it ever worked?

With no Easton or Matthews available yesterday, his options to change or reinforce midfield were fairly negligible. 

I mean, I kind of agree with @Ro Sham Bo that his game management when we are losing isn't great (on the other hand he's shown he can close a game out from a winning position which is more than McGlynn managed last season) but at the same time I don't think he had any better options yesterday than to chuck strikers on.

The last two games have been notable for how passive and outworked I feel our midfield has been. Other games they have pressed well and won the ball back in the opposition half but not in the last two games. Maybe that's tiredness or fatigue? Certainly the last two weeks I'd have loved the option of bringing on Matthews alongside Brown to add extra dig but that doesn't seem feasible now if his pre season injury has flared back up.

For all the chat pre season about having more than enough midfield options we actually look fairly stretched there now...

Think we should go 2 up top for the cup game and hopefully give all 4 strikers meaningful game time if the score allows. I'd actually start big John in this one but I'd be apprehensive to playing Vaughan against a bunch of joiners and posties.

Possibly even go for a 442 or a 4132. 

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

Think we should go 2 up top for the cup game and hopefully give all 4 strikers meaningful game time if the score allows. I'd actually start big John in this one but I'd be apprehensive to playing Vaughan against a bunch of joiners and posties.

Possibly even go for a 442 or a 4132. 

I wonder what Frederiksen was thinking yesterday. I think he is going to be this season's equivalent of Riley-Snow.

35 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I wonder what Frederiksen was thinking yesterday. I think he is going to be this season's equivalent of Riley-Snow.

I can only assume he's just no more than average in training. I'd start him against the Talbot but I'd be hooking him off the first time he controls a ball and it fires off about 10 yards in any direction. 

I’ve now decided to not to get angry anymore. Just wish Murray didn’t say we’d never be out played and out fought, because this has been the case in several games, especially yesterdays game. We struggle against teams that want to win. We don’t have that, and we also lack a strong strike force. Thank god for Aidan Connolly. He is without doubt our best player. 

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I can only assume he's just no more than average in training. I'd start him against the Talbot but I'd be hooking him off the first time he controls a ball and it fires off about 10 yards in any direction. 

Probably best not to.

Otherwise we could be disrupting the shape of the team after only three minutes.

28 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

I’ve now decided to not to get angry anymore. Just wish Murray didn’t say we’d never be out played and out fought, because this has been the case in several games, especially yesterdays game. We struggle against teams that want to win. We don’t have that, and we also lack a strong strike force. Thank god for Aidan Connolly. He is without doubt our best player. 

If someone comes in for him in January, we'll find goals even harder to come by

25 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

We also lack experience. Been saying it since first game of the season we need an experienced head at the back and the same up top. Too many inexperienced players. I'll probably get shot down for this but Marc McNulty is still without a club.

11 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

We also lack experience. Been saying it since first game of the season we need an experienced head at the back and the same up top. Too many inexperienced players. I'll probably get shot down for this but Marc McNulty is still without a club.

I totally forgot about him. I'd happily get Connell to f**k and bring McNulty in. 

6 minutes ago, JaketheSnake said:

I totally forgot about him. I'd happily get Connell to f**k and bring McNulty in. 

Connell should never have been signed, its all very well having the odd good game but no consistency and not a Championship player. Big John I get the feeling is the same. Lewis is a great player but not a number 9.

14 minutes ago, kirkcaldybanjo111 said:

If defenders allow forwards to keep coming at them without tackling you lose goals.

Not quite as easy as that though is it. Numerous times yesterday in the second half, our left back was being doubled up on because no midfielder was tracking back to help him, he couldn't just go "tackle" because he would lose regardless. Our whole game yesterday was just off, at every position.