The New Raith Rovers Thread

Don’t think anyone is looking for a reheating of the DG stuff on camera. It was a major f**k up that seriously set the club back financially and in reputation. What else is there to say really? He’s now gone so no point rehashing why it happened. 

Was more about what’s happening around the club. Plans, the hub, facilities etc. Long term future for Sims often stated intention to give the club back to supporters.  A bit of clarity and communication about our club isn’t a huge ask. They’ve done it in the past on numerous occasions so if it suddenly stops then no shock that people ask why and it starts to feel like they’re holed up in a bunker. Wasn’t one of the Raith values honesty? 

There’s a cautionary tale of a Board screwing over fans going on at Partick, so we should always be looking for transparency from those that run our club. It’s not being demanding. It’s the least fans should get. 

20 minutes ago, pantene proV said:

There was an hour long interview with Sim on K107 at start of season. How many updates do we need? 

That told us what really, a different version of events on the DG debacle and a few throwaway and not-followed up statements on the stadium costs and new hub plans behind the away stand. 

Perhaps an update on what the new plans are given we now want a 4 story building and how the stadium repairs etc are going. Whether there are alternatives to youth recruitment now that Fife Elite has disbanded etc. 

I don't think updates have to be massive or wide reaching topics but claiming to be a community club is a tough claim when you don't connect with your closest community members. 

I'm sure most of these could be addressed if we ever have an AGM again though, I guess. 

19 hours ago, Raithfan2711 said:

The fact that RaithTV have done lots of interviews with everyone except the CEO (before her departure) and most of Board this season suggests to me that the CEO and Board were/are not willing to do such things.

Or perhaps Raith TV were not willing to interview our former CEO/Sim etc…

Edited by Enigma

All fair points CountryBumpkin apart from DG - no need for any more comments from anyone at club. It won't serve any purpose apart from the sound of old ground being raked.

As long as the stadium is in good hands I really don't care for updates around it - I use it for a couple of hours every 2 weeks and that's it. I appreciate others need for info re its' care though. We have plans from the previous proposal of the building behind the North stand that can be viewed, not a massive leap of the imagination to add extra level to it. Stadium repair articles frequently added during close season are they not? 

Our youth plans are of interest to me. That'll need to be cleared up at some point.

Appreciate that I'm definitely old school regarding my lack of need for constant information. Not just from the club I support either.

Edited by pantene proV

Cup next week is a relief I think. Hopefully used his senses and give a few players a break. Be good to get some minutes in Nolan. Would like to see McNeil start along with each of the youngsters starting and getting some time since they are sat on the bench week in week out.

6 minutes ago, grumswall said:
25 minutes ago, JaketheSnake said:
MacDonald is aging like a glass of milk with each game

What goal was he actually at fault for?

Positioning for the free kick wasn't clever. We shouldn't have conceded it - awful challenge by Dick I think - but whole south stand could see where it was going. And so it did.

What goal was he actually at fault for?

I would say the free kick was a bit of a poor one. Brutally placed wall and I recall it being far from postage stamp placement which differs from raith twitter updates. Placed well in the side of the goals but keeper positioning and wall placement gave him 0 chance of saving it.

11 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Positioning for the free kick wasn't clever. We shouldn't have conceded it - awful challenge by Dick I think - but whole south stand could see where it was going. And so it did.

It is one thing to be able to see where it is going, it is another to be able to do something about it.

8 minutes ago, Jack Rae2 said:

I would say the free kick was a bit of a poor one. Brutally placed wall and I recall it being far from postage stamp placement which differs from raith twitter updates. Placed well in the side of the goals but keeper positioning and wall placement gave him 0 chance of saving it.

Definitely wasn't postage stamp, wrong side for a start but also wasn't in the top corner either. I felt it could have been better defended by both wall and keeper. I think MacDonald was a bit at fault for the 4th, beaten at his near post by the only good goal in open play of the game from QP. 

Not sure he made a save all game. Most he did was pick the ball out the net and retrieve a few goal kicks. 

1 minute ago, bobbykdy said:

It is one thing to be able to see where it is going, it is another to be able to do something about it.

Yep,  agreed. But we weren't talking about the striker's technique. McDonald left himself v exposed and Murray, whom most know is a decent striker of a dead ball, plonked it in the hole.

4 hours ago, pantene proV said:

All fair points CountryBumpkin apart from DG - no need for any more comments from anyone at club. It won't serve any purpose apart from the sound of old ground being raked.

As long as the stadium is in good hands I really don't care for updates around it - I use it for a couple of hours every 2 weeks and that's it. I appreciate others need for info re its' care though. We have plans from the previous proposal of the building behind the North stand that can be viewed, not a massive leap of the imagination to add extra level to it. Stadium repair articles frequently added during close season are they not? 

Our youth plans are of interest to me. That'll need to be cleared up at some point.

Appreciate that I'm definitely old school regarding my lack of need for constant information. Not just from the club I support either.

Absolutely not wanting more DG chat, with you there 100%. Just saying Sims interview gave yet another view of it that did nothing to close the situation off at all. 

Just now, Brashy's Boots said:

Yep,  agreed. But we weren't talking about the striker's technique. McDonald left himself v exposed and Murray, whom most know is a decent striker of a dead ball, plonked it in the hole.

He has to trust his wall to be able to cover that side, if he gets it up and over and target then it is often a case of saying well done, too good. If he does as suggested and takes another step to his right Murray may well have put it in MacDonalds LHS and then he is definitely as fault as that is his side.