The New Raith Rovers Thread

18 hours ago, TxRover said:

Though Niall was mainly press and communications/relations. This seems to dive into Operations. 

He was for a long time, but he's listed as "Football Operations Manager" on the Contact Us page of the website, and when he was on that Aberdeen podcast previewing the cup game he was talking about registrations etc as part of his remit. 

I think he was previously on the Club Staff page too but isn't any more, which would tally with the new guy taking over that side of his duties. Presumably the Contact Us page has just been missed. 

I feel bad for speculating about it, Niall seems like a stand-up guy, but I don't think this particular move ties in with the CEO side of things at all. Reading between the lines it looks more like Niall has left the football ops side of things and Allan Halliday is stepping in. Whether that means any change to the media side of things, I've no idea, but I don't see that any of this is something Karen Macartney (or any incoming 'CEO' or similar position) would be directly involved in. 

On 16/11/2022 at 09:52, Raithie said:

Didn't know that so can't say if that's new or not. Speaking of which when are we going to remove her name from the stand? Was the sponsorship for a certain period of time?

It will be changing sometime in the near future. Sponsor deal no longer active as far as I'm lead to believe. No idea who the new sponsor may be.🤔

5 hours ago, Against The Machine said:

He was for a long time, but he's listed as "Football Operations Manager" on the Contact Us page of the website, and when he was on that Aberdeen podcast previewing the cup game he was talking about registrations etc as part of his remit. 

I think he was previously on the Club Staff page too but isn't any more, which would tally with the new guy taking over that side of his duties. Presumably the Contact Us page has just been missed. 

I feel bad for speculating about it, Niall seems like a stand-up guy, but I don't think this particular move ties in with the CEO side of things at all. Reading between the lines it looks more like Niall has left the football ops side of things and Allan Halliday is stepping in. Whether that means any change to the media side of things, I've no idea, but I don't see that any of this is something Karen Macartney (or any incoming 'CEO' or similar position) would be directly involved in. 

No change to the Media side of things - website "Contact Us" page has now been updated 😉

Weird that there was no official announcement that Karen McCartney has left.  Also whatever happened to the woman they announced as a Board member in the middle of the DG crisis? Sorry can’t remember her name.  She’s been totally invisible. No statements, no presence, nothing.  Is she still on the board? Doing what? Also, has the Supporters Director actually been invited onto the Board? Have heard conflicting reports on this. 
Transparency and leadership around the club seems questionable at the moment. 

5 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Weird that there was no official announcement that Karen McCartney has left.  Also whatever happened to the woman they announced as a Board member in the middle of the DG crisis? Sorry can’t remember her name.  She’s been totally invisible. No statements, no presence, nothing.  Is she still on the board? Doing what? Also, has the Supporters Director actually been invited onto the Board? Have heard conflicting reports on this. 

We haven't really heard much from our Chairman either.  Would be good to get a proper sit down interview with him about what the plans are moving forward.

26 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

On the Val McDermid North Stand sign, heard a story that the club wanted to take it down but can’t afford the cost of the cherry picker to remove it. No idea if that’s true, but kind of funny if it is.

I suspect that they would be waiting until they had an alternative sign to replace it with, no point in hiring the cherry picker twice.

Our commercial team actually finding someone however...

1 hour ago, roverthemoon said:

Also whatever happened to the woman they announced as a Board member in the middle of the DG crisis? Sorry can’t remember her name. She’s been totally invisible. No statements, no presence, nothing.  Is she still on the board? Doing what? 

Raith TV put out a video yesterday of fans panel. She appeared on that. 

14 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Raith TV put out a video yesterday of fans panel. She appeared on that. 

That was Laura Andreucci in the video, who's been in the Commercial team for years. Susan Simpson is the director with the HR background who came in relatively recently. 

Communication from board level has been a massive issue for years. The stuff at team level from RaithTV is so good, it really throws a harsh light on the four or five paragraph unsigned statements that drip out of the boardroom every three to six months, depending on how catastrophic things are. 

1 hour ago, true_rover said:

I suspect that they would be waiting until they had an alternative sign to replace it with, no point in hiring the cherry picker twice.

Our commercial team actually finding someone however...

Is it not the case that there was still time to run on that deal (end of this season, end of next?) so you're not just talking about finding a replacement, you're actually having to hand money back to Val McDermid. Doesn't seem like a particularly good use of funds. 

2 hours ago, roverthemoon said:

She seems to be dealing with the physio recruitment so she must still be involved.

The fact that RaithTV have done lots of interviews with everyone except the CEO (before her departure) and most of Board this season suggests to me that the CEO and Board were/are not willing to do such things.

Can’t believe looking at the volume of stuff those guys fire out that they’ve not asked the question. Even as recently as the Bill Clark days there were fairly regular pieces with him and John Sim now there’s nothing.

I think it would be much better for the Chairman or CEO to have had regular interviews as this then would open the door for other directors to chat afterwards. Looks a bit off to have directors do interviews when the people at the top are saying very little. Maybe dodging bullets since the Goodwillie debacle, but it’s been 10 months now.

There is a lot of confusion amongst us supporters on how the club is being run and it doesn’t help when the club have social media posts about new people joining the club like media executives but say absolutely nothing when a so-called key role like CEO is abandoned. What did the CEO actually do? Not being condescending but can’t see anything communicated that justified the salary (but there’s been basically no communication in nearly a year so she could have been doing loads and this is just speculation based on comments here).

If the main people at the club think that addressing the fans outside of a few paragraphs in a programme now and again is sufficient then they are mistaken. A sit down interview with the Board or a series starting with the Chairman would be a really good start imo.

I feel like the club are damned if they do, damned if they don't re board members getting interviewed for RaithTV. If they release something about their plans over the next few years and don't mention the DG situation, then they're going to get slammed as glossing over it. If they mention it, then it'll invite people in to have a field day. I've been heavily critical in the past in the way the whole situation was handled, and they've created a rod for their own back with it, but I'd still rather we moved on from it because he's gone from the club and if we got rid of the key stakeholder, then we don't have a club. 

While I'd have preferred that they came out to talk about MacCartney's departure, it's clear that it's something of a similar situation. I don't feel that we should've ever given her the job in the first place given the clear conflict of interest with her being involved. 

8 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

To be fair, I don't really see a need to hear from every board member. If we could get some content from McDonald and the supporters rep that would be good enough for me. 

Fully agree with this. And if we were to get a comment from anyone, I'd hope it was McDonald. I'd also not mind for us to give a bit more of a voice to our SLO and DLO alongside the fan's director.