The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Beachbum said:

Was looking at where the Queens Park fans are to be seated on Saturday and noticed that the Val McDermid Stand is now simply called the North Stand on the booking form.

Is this a new thing?

Buy Match Tickets | Raith Rovers FC

Didn't know that so can't say if that's new or not. Speaking of which when are we going to remove her name from the stand? Was the sponsorship for a certain period of time?

2 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Didn't know that so can't say if that's new or not. Speaking of which when are we going to remove her name from the stand? Was the sponsorship for a certain period of time?

Yeah, think it still has a couple of years to run.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Saw that. Trying to figure out the position, looks like most of the ex-CEO’s remit, without a BoD position and on the RRFC payroll. However, seems a well qualified choice.

What has happened to the CEO? 

Did she actually go or is she still in the background somewhere. 

23 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Is a lot of that not what Niall Russell was doing previously? 

Though Niall was mainly press and communications/relations. This seems to dive into Operations.

36 minutes ago, pub car king said:

What has happened to the CEO? 

Did she actually go or is she still in the background somewhere. 

The whispers say she’s gone, but there has been no official statement.

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

Saw that. Trying to figure out the position, looks like most of the ex-CEO’s remit, without a BoD position and on the RRFC payroll. However, seems a well qualified choice.

Having someone take on this role on a part-time basis seems a much better fit than the full time CEO position we had previously. 

2 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Having someone take on this role on a part-time basis seems a much better fit than the full time CEO position we had previously. 

The better fit and good idea thing is NOT normal Rovers behavior…could things be changing?

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

The better fit and good idea thing is NOT normal Rovers behavior…could things be changing?

You've made quite a few assumptions accross your posts. Don't see anything about the new guy having any of the CEO's duties. 

Don't see anything about him being a paid employee either. Rather he a Council employee with a private business interest. 

You could be right but nothing I see clarifies any of your points. 

3 hours ago, The Tiel Burn said:

You've made quite a few assumptions accross your posts. Don't see anything about the new guy having any of the CEO's duties. 

Don't see anything about him being a paid employee either. Rather he a Council employee with a private business interest. 

You could be right but nothing I see clarifies any of your points. 

“Allan will fundamentally support the football management team and the Board of Directors of RRFC in all football operation matters and has a track record of fostering close relationships and forming pathways with community clubs.“

Since the CEO was supporting the BoD and management team in football operations, I would say there is overlap.

I concur that I read it as a paid position, but careful reading doesn’t prove that, apologies.

"Since the CEO was supporting the BoD and management team in football operations, I would say there is overlap."

interesting to read that as what I read and heard particularly through "THAT" time is that the CEO  had no direct involvement in football decisions/operations. Where was that written/conveyed?

Reason for asking is that you describe a conventional CEO role which is more than our own version ever professed to be.

FWIW I never believed she had no such but can't recall anything but a blanket "It wasn't me guv" response to such matters. 

40 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

"Since the CEO was supporting the BoD and management team in football operations, I would say there is overlap."

interesting to read that as what I read and heard particularly through "THAT" time is that the CEO  had no direct involvement in football decisions/operations. Where was that written/conveyed?

Reason for asking is that you describe a conventional CEO role which is more than our own version ever professed to be.

FWIW I never believed she had no such but can't recall anything but a blanket "It wasn't me guv" response to such matters. 

Since she admitted involvement in the DG matter at the direction of the BoD…I think that qualifies.