The New Raith Rovers Thread

They rearrange them with about 3 weeks notice. We were on for the abandoned pars game and the replay. Then the final game of the season. We were also on for morton away which was played in a monsoon. 

I would have thought they'd have had us against Dundee or Partick. 

11 minutes ago, pub car king said:

They rearrange them with about 3 weeks notice. We were on for the abandoned pars game and the replay. Then the final game of the season. We were also on for morton away which was played in a monsoon. 

I would have thought they'd have had us against Dundee or Partick. 

The rules allow only two broadcasts from each park. A couple of years ago, Hearts were in 13 of the 20 games. In theory, teams should average 4 appearances, but only two (the two home matches) are assured.

Our away form is fucking awful alright. I wasn't confident about today not because Dundee are any great shakes but because we struggle away and it's inconsistent season. 

We're home next week so move past this and get on with it. Really hope Gullan is fit for it because I think we're still a bit off Vaughan starting a game. 

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

One look at the goals for column will tell you where the problem lies. I think we've failed to score in at least half of our away matches. 

To be honest, we were pinning our hopes today on Vaughan, and even he looked well off it.

I still think the lack of options up top will be our undoing with regards to top 4.  Connell and Frederiksen won't be the answer, based on what I've seen anyway.

We were deservedly beaten, but had enough of the ball in the 2nd half to try and make something happen.  It's incredibly frustrating to players simply not attacking the ball.

Bad day at the office, and not a poor team over night, but the away form is a real concern.  

As much as people are likely bored of hearing it, the tactic for defending corners is fucking awful.  Any gains you make by having extra bodies, you lose by the opposition bringing extra players forward.  

Edited by CALDERON

37 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Our away form is fucking awful alright. I wasn't confident about today not because Dundee are any great shakes but because we struggle away and it's inconsistent season. 

We're home next week so move past this and get on with it. Really hope Gullan is fit for it because I think we're still a bit off Vaughan starting a game. 

Yeah the Auchinleck cup match seems the logical time to give Vaughan a start. Even if/when Vaughan does get up to speed he isn't really a lone front man so needs someone to play off or with up front. 

The same problem is still hurting us , we have no threat up front and sadly Connell isn’t good enough I  would get rid at Christmas and try and get someone else in , The Helicopter maybe decent but he hasn’t had a pre season behind him and is no where near good enough at the moment once he’s fit this may change .  We are fully dependent on Connolly , Easton Stanton to score if not we are struggling 

We’ve went behind eight times this season in all competitions, and lost eight games. Only managed to score once while behind, in the 2-1 loss at Firhill.

We won’t end up challenging for the play-offs if we can’t change that.

1 hour ago, Paco said:

We’ve went behind eight times this season in all competitions, and lost eight games. Only managed to score once while behind, in the 2-1 loss at Firhill.

We won’t end up challenging for the play-offs if we can’t change that.

No idea what Murray did yesterday when Dundee went ahead, but I don't think his 'tactics' when we go behind are very helpful in that regard.