The New Raith Rovers Thread

24 minutes ago, grumswall said:
53 minutes ago, TxRover said:
I suspect the departure of JMcG coupled with the slow start to the season caused a good bit of this. Perhaps, with the excitement returning, we’ll see an uptick?

I'd hope so. I do think they took offence to the criticism, rightly, levelled at them for some of the songs they where singing though. The atmosphere was undoubtedly better when they attended though.

I think some of them also tried to adopt an edgy pro Goodwillie stance which didn't help the situation. 

36 minutes ago, TxRover said:

It is the way of youth, push boundaries and then get offended when called on it. I suspect that IM will successful draw some of them back with his success and constant banging on the crowd support drum (see what I did there), and that will hopefully build. But, as you recall, the young team didn’t appear from nowhere with JMcG too.

it’s not a bad thought, but, as Grumswall notes, the young team was always carrying the song banner, so something that appeals to them is always a decent choice. A bit of potential edginess is always useful for that demo. So, on that note, does anyone have any list or accumulation of various Raith and/or Fitba songs that could be used to fiddle with adjustments for reuse while not being inherently offensive?

The young team sing that Lyndon dykes song about Brad Spencer , they still attend just not as vocal at starks and really no big games to look forward to except Dundee 

37 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

The young team sing that Lyndon dykes song about Brad Spencer , they still attend just not as vocal at starks and really no big games to look forward to except Dundee 

Do we have a “Scum-Dee, Scum-Dee, pay me the lot you owe…”?

The boy that has the drum is on Twitter trying to 'drum' up support to improve the atmosphere at games. They were contemplating moving down the front to be near Fifes Finest and apparently have flags ordered so hopefully we'll see a bit more colour and atmosphere at games going forward. 

10 hours ago, Raithie said:

The boy that has the drum is on Twitter trying to 'drum' up support to improve the atmosphere at games. They were contemplating moving down the front to be near Fifes Finest and apparently have flags ordered so hopefully we'll see a bit more colour and atmosphere at games going forward. 

If they wave a flag in my line of sight they'll find the older team can be really quite grumpy.

1 hour ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I wonder when Tom Lang will be back as Murray never mentioned him in his pre match if he’s close, set backs or anything…. But he did say Nolan will be back for Saturday and possibly Gullan and Ross

An embarrassment of riches. 

6 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

I wonder when Tom Lang will be back as Murray never mentioned him in his pre match if he’s close, set backs or anything…. But he did say Nolan will be back for Saturday and possibly Gullan and Ross

Interviewed in the Courier, said end of November to be “in the team”.

13 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

If they wave a flag in my line of sight they'll find the older team can be really quite grumpy.

Just a they found out at Inverness when a couple of them were kicking chairs until they broke them.

The atmosphere can be great (Partick in the Challenge cup) but sometimes the baggage they bring with them means they aren't worth the bother.

11 hours ago, TxRover said:

Note the CEO is no longer listed on the BoD webpage.

Shhhh!  I't's enough that she just be gone!

Where? Who knows cares.

When? Wasn't announced but it was the end of last month AFAIH.

Why?  Probably lots of reasons! 

Like with other mistakes made, the Rovers have a standard policy.

Try to deal with it, get someone else to fix it (eventually), say as little as possible and hope it's quickly forgotten about.

sweep under sweep,Swept,under GIF

John Sim ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Edited by Scottydog

On 10/11/2022 at 09:13, Brashy's Boots said:

Aye, we struggle for spare seats at Rovers. It’s so difficult to accommodate everyone. 

Noting Raith twitter shared this JustGiving link: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/logan-morrison-2022
Also note it shows Lewis Vaughan in for £10 and Davo in right after for £20…well played m8!
Seems a bit daft to note what individuals put in for a charitable donation tbh. Doesn't matter who they are, those are donations to charity regardless.

1 hour ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, TxRover said:
Noting Raith twitter shared this JustGiving link: https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/logan-morrison-2022
Also note it shows Lewis Vaughan in for £10 and Davo in right after for £20…well played m8!

Seems a bit daft to note what individuals put in for a charitable donation tbh. Doesn't matter who they are, those are donations to charity regardless.

Oh, I know, and any name can be entered…it was just a funny confluence.

11 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

I see some teams have been televised on a Friday more than once. Are we being ignored or do we get a turn?

Twice at home assured is the theory for Championship coverage…don’t know that it requires it to be on a Friday night though.

22 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Twice at home assured is the theory for Championship coverage…don’t know that it requires it to be on a Friday night though.

I think it was distributed fairly last season but I do't see it happening so far. Wasn't it always on a Fridy night? Anyway, looking at the fixtures I dont see us with any Friday matches at all. Maybe they rearrange games for telly?