The New Raith Rovers Thread

"Rovers won 3-0 against a team above us in the league, i'll go check PnB, it can't possibly be ridiculous today." How I continually overestimate our fanbase 🤣 These Jammer takes are almost, almost, as ridiculous 5ergate from during the week.

10 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Has he? He’s conceded 2 goals in his last 5 games, one of which was a penalty and the other an excellent header there was no saving. The defence have stopped him being overworked but I don’t recall any glaring errors other than the dropped catch today. His outstanding save at Arbroath in the first half was key to our victory.

Aye in no way am I suggesting he's done 🤣 but today was a less than standard MacDonald performance. A dropped catch, a mad flap at a corner and a few poor kicks from open play. Don't doubt he'll be back to normal next week. Wouldn't surprise me if he's carrying a wee knock or two as well. 

I have a feeling this is Jamie’s last year as our starter in the Championship. I don’t know if he’ll retire, seek a job at the League One or Two level or look into coaching, does anyone know if he craves another job in football? The last few games he’s looked a little bit vulnerable compared to last year where he seemed indomitable. He also has a wean, does he not?
This can't be for real.....

1 hour ago, R.R.FC said:

Has he? He’s conceded 2 goals in his last 5 games, one of which was a penalty and the other an excellent header there was no saving. The defence have stopped him being overworked but I don’t recall any glaring errors other than the dropped catch today. His outstanding save at Arbroath in the first half was key to our victory.

Yes, he has been a little less confident in his handling than we’ve come to expect. I’m not saying he’s fallen off a cliff, and I still rate him as excellent, but…

1 hour ago, spot on said:

Absolute ridiculous post !

Your opinion, and like me, you’re entitled to it.

58 minutes ago, Kooz92 said:

"Rovers won 3-0 against a team above us in the league, i'll go check PnB, it can't possibly be ridiculous today." How I continually overestimate our fanbase 🤣 These Jammer takes are almost, almost, as ridiculous 5ergate from during the week.

We try harder!

53 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Aye in no way am I suggesting he's done 🤣 but today was a less than standard MacDonald performance. A dropped catch, a mad flap at a corner and a few poor kicks from open play. Don't doubt he'll be back to normal next week. Wouldn't surprise me if he's carrying a wee knock or two as well. 

Now we’re talking. I noticed the same thing a couple of times this year, and note that his contract is up after this year and he is getting on at 36, 37 at seasons end. Now, keepers can certainly play longer than pretty much any position, but time and a career of hits and injuries take their toll. Jamie has still shown some remarkable saves this year, but we’ve also seen a few situations that we didn’t see last year, so I’m just asking a question.

He certainly is reported to be carrying a mild shoulder issue.

56 minutes ago, batross07 said:
2 hours ago, TxRover said:
I have a feeling this is Jamie’s last year as our starter in the Championship. I don’t know if he’ll retire, seek a job at the League One or Two level or look into coaching, does anyone know if he craves another job in football? The last few games he’s looked a little bit vulnerable compared to last year where he seemed indomitable. He also has a wean, does he not?

This can't be for real.....

Wanna bet, I’m well known for being a batshit crazy fan of the young lads.

40 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

MacDonald is class. Always sweat a bit when he goes down and looks injured because he’d be a real loss from our side 

Never said he isn’t, and I certainly cringed today. That being said, I’d just ask those saying I’m stupid or crazy, keep an eye on Jamie and see if he looks as right as rain still, I’m just not so sure.

Oh, and no one knows his post playing career desires or plans?

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Please don’t use the “it was my 14 year old son” patter 😆😆

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

He's got 4 kids I believe. 

Yea, but one newish one from last season, eh? Might decide the be around more for the last one by taking a part-time gig.

1 hour ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Top shagger and keeper.

Indeed

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

Explains the hairline 

Very much so.

Still asking if he has an outside interest/job that might draw him away if he feels his age.

If I’m honest, the transformation in Liam Dick at centre back is amazing. The hard work for Murray now is to convince Crewe and Aberdeen to let us keep O’Riordon and Ngwenya for the rest of the season. Aidan Connolly is also a must to re-sign. For me Millen is vastly improved and long May that continue. I’ve heard people complain that we should have scored more. Partick were finished and fading badly. We did the job that needed done and 3 points was the target. 

Edited by baillieinleeds

Sure Ngwenya is here until May is that not the case?

Unless Crewe are completely fucked it would do O'Riordan more good to continue playing every week for us where he knows the players and has settled really well. Would hope Crewe feel the same as they have a long history of developing talent there. 

Agree Dick has really stepped up this year last season he was an at best average left back that got a nosebleed at the half way line. This season when at left back he's pushed forward and offered a lot more, but he's really found his feet playing centrally. 

As the season moves on and teams work each other out there is scope for a 3 at the back if needed but I'd still be concerned with Millen as a wing back despite his dramatic improvement over the last month. 

Considering the state of the defence in August a situation that was compounded by Berra walking away the manager has worked an absolute miracle to get us so water tight. Mr Lang might be getting splinters in his arse for a while yet. 

Edited by pub car king
Can't spell splinters