The New Raith Rovers Thread

Just now, CountryBumpkin said:

Weird you didn't bring this up at the start of the season when buying your ticket. 

Think myself and quite a number of older supporters didn't pick up on this at the time.

If it had been said concessions weren't to be included in any deals most of us would have known what was meant.

As I have said if Rovers feel they can do without the revenue many of the older supporters provide , just let us know at the start of season and we can decide where to invest our money.

1 minute ago, DaveT said:

Think myself and quite a number of older supporters didn't pick up on this at the time.

If it had been said concessions weren't to be included in any deals most of us would have known what was meant.

As I have said if Rovers feel they can do without the revenue many of the older supporters provide , just let us know at the start of season and we can decide where to invest our money.

They literally let you know in simple, plain English. If you buy an “adult season ticket” - you will get this deal. If you don’t buy an “adult season ticket” -!you won’t. It’s not the club’s fault you can’t read a simple sentence. 

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

They literally let you know in simple, plain English. If you buy an “adult season ticket” - you will get this deal. If you don’t buy an “adult season ticket” -!you won’t. It’s not the club’s fault you can’t read a simple sentence. 

So a pensioner is not an adult

2 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I don't think anyone is saying that. The misconception here is that a concession season ticket is just a heavily discounted adult ticket and not, as it actually is, its own separate thing. 

So why would this be a problem for the club to encourage us to bring someone to watch the Rovers who wouldn't normally come.

The problem with what I as a pensioner pays for a season ticket doesn't matter.

I am trying to encourage someone to come and watch the Rovers and bring a small ammount of revenue in.

LV back fills me with hope and dread in equal measure. I want this to work more for the lad than us supporters. 

The deal is clear its adult full price only but don't see why the offer couldn't be opened up. Bit of an OG from the club which seems to be their way.

Weirdest turn at SP is Aiden in the back row of a team pic. Has his head been photoshopped higher than the original? Looks weird. Still the boy they call Dick now has a first name!

The weekly digest should have a distinct section for the stuff the club have cocked up each week. 

22 minutes ago, DaveT said:

So why would this be a problem for the club to encourage us to bring someone to watch the Rovers who wouldn't normally come.

The problem with what I as a pensioner pays for a season ticket doesn't matter.

I am trying to encourage someone to come and watch the Rovers and bring a small ammount of revenue in.

So encourage them to come along at full price or get someone with an eligible season ticket to order it for them?

40 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I gotta say it seems shortsighted…but, on to a distraction…

Lewis F**KING Vaughan likely to be on the bench, and available, on Saturday!

I don't know how long this latest come back will last but, please, let him score at least one more winning goal in front of the South Stand. 

17 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Do you actually have a pal who would like to come along, but will only pop in if it’s a fiver? 

No, can't say that I do. My group of friends either already have season tickets, support other clubs or don't follow football 

I agree with Dave T on this one. It’s not as if Over-65s have “chosen a £25 mobile phone contract ahead of a £40 one” so should miss out on supposed perks. Their season tickets are cheaper because, in general, they won’t have a full-time income to splurge full whack on an Adult ticket.

Really don’t see the need for the snippy comments when the initiative is about boosting attendances and encouraging folk who would otherwise not come along - or maybe can’t afford a full ticket price. The “perk” is for those people, not the current season ticket holder.

Seems to me like the club have made things needlessly complicated.

Buy a full price adult ticket & receive additional perks

Pensioner: "why don't I get the £5 ticket perk"

Everyone else: "you don't have a full price adult ticket"

Pensioner: "That's discrimination"

Everyone else: "you get to see the same games as adult ticket holders for £105 less"

Pensioner: "But I've cleaned the seats"

Everyone else: "you get to see the same games as adult ticket holders for £105 less"

Pensioner: "The club will lose revenue"

It's been a frustrating couple of pages to read...

2 hours ago, Rover the Moon said:

I agree with Dave T on this one. It’s not as if Over-65s have “chosen a £25 mobile phone contract ahead of a £40 one” so should miss out on supposed perks. 

Actually, they have. They could have chosen to buy a full price adult ticket instead of a discounted over-65s ticket.