The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, bobbykdy said:

Says adult season ticket holders on the website and has that particular bit bolded. Would suggest it is only full paying adult season tickets that qualify.

Cant quite understand the reasoning if this is the case. Surely it shouldn't matter who is buying the 5 pound ticket

1 minute ago, DaveT said:

Cant quite understand the reasoning if this is the case. Surely it shouldn't matter who is buying the 5 pound ticket

My guess would be is that they don't want people who have already been able to get a reduced season ticket to also then be able to get another reduced ticket on top of that.

53 minutes ago, bobbykdy said:

My guess would be is that they don't want people who have already been able to get a reduced season ticket to also then be able to get another reduced ticket on top of that.

But it's not the person who's bought the season ticket who is benefiting.

Surely if the point was to encourage more people to attend it doesn't matter as everyone who buys the 5 pound ticket gets in for a fiver.

22 minutes ago, DaveT said:

But it's not the person who's bought the season ticket who is benefiting.

Surely if the point was to encourage more people to attend it doesn't matter as everyone who buys the 5 pound ticket gets in for a fiver.

I agree, but it is the only reason I can think of for it being this way.

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I mean, it was openly and freely available information that this perk would be available only to adult season ticket holders. At no point was it ever mentioned that it would be available to anyone else. 

I am an adult season ticket holder, why would a pensioner who has supported Rovers for over 40 years be treated any different.

You wouldn’t take out a phone contract for £25 a month, then complain that the guy who pays £40 a month got free AirPods and you didn’t? Pay more, get perks. Pretty standard across all industries. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

You wouldn’t take out a phone contract for £25 a month, then complain that the guy who pays £40 a month got free AirPods and you didn’t? Pay more, get perks. Pretty standard across all industries. 

If the club feel they dont want the extra £5 I would have paid to bring a friend who doesn't normally go to the Rovers that's fine with me it's there monetary loss.

To discriminate against pensioners as seems to be suggested because they pay an agreed ammount for an adult season ticket appears to be very wrong on many fronts.

3 minutes ago, DaveT said:

If the club feel they dont want the extra £5 I would have paid to bring a friend who doesn't normally go to the Rovers that's fine with me it's there monetary loss.

To discriminate against pensioners as seems to be suggested because they pay an agreed ammount for an adult season ticket appears to be very wrong on many fronts.

In what way is giving pensioners a £105 discount on a season ticket “discrimination”? 

How would you have felt if the club was expecting you to pay the full amount for the season ticket at the start of the season? So you can bring a friend for a fiver a couple months in?

Agreed if you read this carefully, you would see that it only applied to a limited group of s/t holders. If you just glanced at it , you would assume that it applied to all adults. It is after all a marketing ploy to increase attendances so why would anyone choose to limit the possible increase in attendance & income to the club ?  As usual we will have plenty of empty seats on Saturday.

Many of us old gits have carried out the necessary but unglamourous work of cleaning seats, painting etc.  How is it a perk to invite new people to give Rovers a try? Could I suggest that anyone annoyed by this short-sighted decision ring or email Pratt Street tomorrow to suggest that this scheme would be better by including us all and let kids invite a pal to come for a £1. Sales initiatives from Rovers are rarer than hens' teeth so please stay ultra polite.

20 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

How would you have felt if the club was expecting you to pay the full amount for the season ticket at the start of the season? So you can bring a friend for a fiver a couple months in?

It would have been a decision I would have had to make as to whether I would have continued supporting Rovers  so more revenue lost and40 years plus support gone

5 minutes ago, JAR said:

Many of us old gits have carried out the necessary but unglamourous work of cleaning seats, painting etc. 

I fail to see the relevance of this. What’s your point? You pair moaning about this smacks of entitlement. 

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

0630483E-0F71-4736-9F96-DB0E091DDD49.thumb.jpeg.95dbc632d8145669729c23048423b03e.jpeg

Here is the section where this was announced. Could not be any clearer. 

Again doesn't affect me in any way whatsoever only more loss in revenue for the Rovers.

Must be rolling in money if they can throw money away.