The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Specky Ginger said:

Hello campers.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

It was apparently taken in the old tea room at Stark's Park.

I vaguely remember something about Paul Shane being in Kirkcaldy and with Gazza half wearing a Rangers tie, I'm guessing it was sometime around 1995 or 1996.

It's a well known fact that Yvonne and Barry held their wedding reception in the old 200 club, but I don't think it was then.

IMG-20221006-WA0006.jpg

I thought that was Ian Stewart at first glance. 

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

Are you dropping Brown and Easton to do that? Just wondering how you see us evolving our lineup with Matthews and Spencer back.

I'd put Brown to RB and have Easton off the left or on the bench. I think a lot of our good performances have came about with Matthews and Spencer in the team.

With Frederiksen’s height and hairstyle, I’m almost tempted to suggest maybe he’s actually three trolls standing on each other’s shoulders. When the cross comes in, they split apart, and cause chaos in the goal mouth…

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

Hello campers.

I vaguely remember something about Paul Shane being in Kirkcaldy and with Gazza half wearing a Rangers tie, I'm guessing it was sometime around 1995 or 1996.

It's a well known fact that Yvonne and Barry held their wedding reception in the old 200 club, but I don't think it was then.

IMG-20221006-WA0006.jpg

Nahhh its just Ian Stewart 😂

1 hour ago, Specky Ginger said:

Hello campers.

IMG-20221006-WA0006.jpg

From the fog and cobwebs of my memory I think it's from a rangers match at starks which we lost 4-2. Tony Rougier (ask your dad kids) marked Gazza out the game but went off with 7 minutes left and rovers winning 2-1 at which time we shat the bed. Jimmy Thompson was in charge possibly just appointed full time manager. Paul Shane must have been in something at the Adam Smith.

Can’t see this chap being much good for us.
According to the players page on the main site he’s 126 yrs old [emoji31]

I know it’s taken a while to get it over the line, but didn’t realise it had taken that long. Doesn’t time fly.

From the fog and cobwebs of my memory I think it's from a rangers match at starks which we lost 4-2. Tony Rougier (ask your dad kids) marked Gazza out the game but went off with 7 minutes left and rovers winning 2-1 at which time we shat the bed. Jimmy Thompson was in charge possibly just appointed full time manager. Paul Shane must have been in something at the Adam Smith.
Shit the bed including one of the softest penalties I've ever seen rangers given. Could have been a brilliant day and turned into shit within minutes. Will just add that I've never been able to watch that match back and I hope the penalty was as soft as I remember raging about

With the Helicopter signing and Matthews and Spencer back should all 3 start today and how could they all fit in.

Can Brown slip in to right back, if so then Matthews to sit I front of the back 4, Spencer and Stanton further up with a 3 of Frederickson centre and 2 wide to assist with supporting the midfield and lone striker. Who would play wide, Gullan and Easton or Connolly and McBride.

Edited by raith1974
Error

Murray tends to be a bit conservative with making too many changes (notwithstanding taking off the defence and bringing on every forward available if we're behind with ten minutes to go) so I don't expect both Matthews  and the new Haaland to be starting.

Edited by Raith_Raver

This talk of Brown to right back. I'd be very surprised if Murray dropped a right back he's brought in, to replace him with an out of position midfielder who can play there. So unless Millen gets injured or suspended, I don't see it happening any time soon.

Cue Brown to RB today.....