The New Raith Rovers Thread

Has he?  Connell is the only striker I can think of he has brought it, and yes it's fair to say he's struggled.
Struggling to bring strikers in is affecting almost every club in the lower leagues to be fair.  
Again, the fact he's trying to bring additions in must show he knows we need more strength up front?
I'm guessing he means mcbride as the other striker. Connell has shown he has the ability against Ayr and in flashes in other games. Iv not seen anything to suggest mcbride is up to much though. I'd rather have zannata than him quite honestly. Dario at least had the ability to do something. It's a transition season though and as long as we can progress from where we are right now, I'll be happy enough.
What is worrying me, is connelly not making as much of an impact so far this season. I think alot of that has to do with him having to wait 5 minutes on millen getting beyond him and then him subsequently having to cover for him though.

2 hours ago, grumswall said:

I'm still baffled how anyone can eat a 3 course meal at any time of day and I'm a fat pr*ck these days.

It will all come down to careful consideration of losing out potentially on things like hospitality against the cost of actually having the lights etc on essentially. I don't think our walk up gate is going to change drastically.
Either way I'd like to see the club put it to the fans or at least the fan groups, then work from there.

Stop bringing yourself down. I go with the slightly portly.,it’s a wee bit less offensive😝😝

2 hours ago, grumswall said:

I'm still baffled how anyone can eat a 3 course meal at any time of day and I'm a fat pr*ck these days.

It will all come down to careful consideration of losing out potentially on things like hospitality against the cost of actually having the lights etc on essentially. I don't think our walk up gate is going to change drastically.
Either way I'd like to see the club put it to the fans or at least the fan groups, then work from there.

I,m baffled how anyone would pay £70 for a jumped up 3 course bar lunch

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

Well, he's already brought two strikers in.

Do you think they've been up to it?

No. McBride is a winger who is no better than what we have. Connell is not good enough. He'll have his moments. Virtually every week we hear the same thing about good play up to a point, it's the last third that needs addressed. Maybe this week we will see a new signing, hopefully he makes a difference. At least we will have a different option. Again we cannot rely on Lewis Vaughan being our saviour. He has undoubted talent but also has major injury issues.

12 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

I,m baffled how anyone would pay £70 for a jumped up 3 course bar lunch

I'm with ZA on this one, 'tho not the snide response. I understand that it wouldn't be a regular event for the ordinary fan but as a treat maybe once or twice a season along with contributing to the club I think it's worthwhile.

Edited by Raith_Raver

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

I'm with ZA on this one, 'tho not the snide response. I understand that it wouldn't be a regular event for the ordinary fan but as a treat maybe once or twice a season along with contributing to the club I think it's worthwhile.

The amusing thing is Zen is right with his joke…

4 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Change it to a breakfast buffet and folk will be queueing in their jammies.

…that’s actually not a bad idea. Anyone in hospitality will tell you a well designed breakfast/brunch buffet is virtually a license to print money. Breakfast foods tend to be inexpensive and filling, and require much less attention/personnel than Lunch and Dinner. Yea the charge is lower, but the cost is too.

15 hours ago, kirkcaldybanjo111 said:

Hospitality money would be lost as no ones going to pay£70 for a three course meal at eleven am.

Watch the game then have lunch at full time is the way to get round the eating time issue 

3 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Watch the game then have lunch at full time is the way to get round the eating time issue 

Then wouldn’t an 11AM kick be better? Or prove that Scots are hardy b*****ds by putting a few bistro tables out front of the Porta-Titanic, and serve during the match…it would save on ice costs too! Maybe borrow a couple of anti-aircraft systems to deter the gulls.

1 minute ago, Raith_Raver said:

Well, I'll be booking sometime soon for an interesting enough match. It's actually £50 when you subtract the entrance.

Can you subtract the entrance though? Already have a ticket in the south stand, don't want to pay twice, or sit in the main stand.

2 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Can you subtract the entrance though? Already have a ticket in the south stand, don't want to pay twice, or sit in the main stand.

Season ticket holders get a tenner off i think, as has been said previously it's a contribution to the club and normally a good day out, as for the earlier kick off the floodlights would be the only saving as everything else would need power, I don't know how much they cost to run??

21 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

I can't see them charge £90 when advertising it as £70 - advertising standards and all that?

Come to think of it, I got hospitality at New Bayview when we played them a while back and the price was all in.

Edited by Raith_Raver

If we shift home games so we play without the lights, we’re basically saying the entire business model of hiring out the pitch is redundant. £120 to use the place for an hour on a Tuesday night, but we can’t afford an hour of floodlights for the first team.

Would be very surprised if we’re one of the clubs looking into it.

20 hours ago, grumswall said:

I don't know how busy pitch hire etc has been 

https://portal.sportskey.com/venues/575

Can see here how busy it is. Going purely on when the floodlights would need to be in use pretty much every evening slot, minus 9pm here and there (who wants to play at that time anway?), fully booked for remainder of the year.