The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

The loan was last season. Do you not need to re-register a squad every season? It is surely possible that we didn’t register him as a player this season as there was no intention of ever playing him. 

No you dont. You register a player for the duration of his contract the minute you sign him.

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

Not according to the SFA registration process they don’t.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/media/1842/scottish-fa-registration-procedures.pdf

Rather than providing a link to an entire document would you care to quote the particular part you think contradicts what I said? If indeed you are contradicting it and not agreeing with it, its not 100% clear.

Either way, what I said was accurate.

Good idea if it is going to save the clubs cash. At least as well, they are gauging fan opinion on it first. Would expect a few clubs to follow suit. Obviously there won’t be a 100% yes/no either way. There will be people with jobs or have kids that play games on a Saturday morning that won’t want it, so it will be interesting to see how the votes go.

Murray must know our current forward line isn't fit for purpose. Connolly, Easton, Stanton and Brown are as likely to score. That said, I agree with him that we don't get the wee breaks n front of goal that other teams have been getting against us.

2 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Murray must know our current forward line isn't fit for purpose. Connolly, Easton, Stanton and Brown are as likely to score. That said, I agree with him that we don't get the wee breaks n front of goal that other teams have been getting against us.

Well, I'd imagine that's why he's trying to bring a striker in.

1 hour ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:
From the Ayr thread... 

Makes sense for clubs to do it. The cost of putting the floodlights on must be through the roof now.

I'm intrigued as to how we deal with it.  Sim was quite vocal that the community foundation was doing better than the footballing side. Nobody will really know how much liability the club will have over utilities for that. We might move our kickoff times,  but what happens on weeknights when the community foundation events are on? 

It's nice to see clubs are open to change on this. 

10 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

In our last game against Ayr, they smacked the inside of the post at 1-0. What goes around comes around. 

As for the forward issue, that's all on him and that's a decent chance it will cost him his job in the end. 

I'm intrigued as to how we deal with it.  Sim was quite vocal that the community foundation was doing better than the footballing side. Nobody will really know how much liability the club will have over utilities for that. We might move our kickoff times,  but what happens on weeknights when the community foundation events are on? 

It's nice to see clubs are open to change on this. 
I don't know how busy pitch hire etc has been so I can't really comment although that will likely change over winter with the floodlights on at night more.
More like over the roof[emoji849]
I did think twice about putting it that way, for that very reason [emoji28]

Hospitality money would be lost as no ones going to pay£70 for a three course meal at eleven am.
I'm still baffled how anyone can eat a 3 course meal at any time of day and I'm a fat pr*ck these days.

It will all come down to careful consideration of losing out potentially on things like hospitality against the cost of actually having the lights etc on essentially. I don't think our walk up gate is going to change drastically.
Either way I'd like to see the club put it to the fans or at least the fan groups, then work from there.

39 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

Change it to a breakfast buffet and folk will be queueing in their jammies.

The yummy mummy prosecco brunch demographic is certainly one the club hasn't looked at historically. 

14 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Well, he's already brought two strikers in.

Do you think they've been up to it?

Has he?  Connell is the only striker I can think of he has brought it, and yes it's fair to say he's struggled.

Struggling to bring strikers in is affecting almost every club in the lower leagues to be fair.  

Again, the fact he's trying to bring additions in must show he knows we need more strength up front?