The New Raith Rovers Thread

Honestly it wasn't an issue with not having a striker today it was an issue with possession and composure.

We were hoofing the ball without even looking where it was going. We panicked and had no composure when on the ball which worries me more.

Easton is going to be inconsistent its the type of player he is. When he was dropped against Dundee he came on second half like a man possessed. He might need benching now and again as part of his man management. Connolly looks a bit gubbed at the minute as well, hopefully just a wee patch of form. 

This season is going to frustrate the f**k out of us. 

12 minutes ago, P.C said:

Honestly it wasn't an issue with not having a striker today it was an issue with possession and composure.

We were hoofing the ball without even looking where it was going. We panicked and had no composure when on the ball which worries me more.

Worryingly, McDonald has been a culprit for this.  His distribution today was brutal at times.  

25 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

I said it elsewhere, but it's a bit "These are my principles, and if you don't like them, I have others". 

If your belief in the system you've chosen is so fragile that you throw it away at the first sign of defeat, can it really be that good to begin with? 

It's not like it was even a change of system, not really. It felt more like individually players abandoning any sense of discipline or time in favour of trying every low percentage quick ball going.

3 minutes ago, renton said:

It's not like it was even a change of system, not really. It felt more like individually players abandoning any sense of discipline or time in favour of trying every low percentage quick ball going.

It's more of an abandonment of system altogether. Just chucking attackers on and hoping sheer weight of numbers somehow leads to a goal. 

8 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

It's more of an abandonment of system altogether. Just chucking attackers on and hoping sheer weight of numbers somehow leads to a goal. 

Again, I don't feel like it came tactically. When he made the sub it was Gullan out wide rather than everyone up top.

It was more that on the park, individual players for whatever reason, resorted to sheer panic.

Edited by renton

1 minute ago, renton said:

Again, I don't feel like it came tactically. When he made the aub it was Gullan out wide rather than everyone up top.

It was more that on the park, individual players for whatever reason, resorted to sheer panic.

Gullan was at the expense of Nolan (I think), which seemed a bit much with do much of the game to go.

2 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Gullan was at the expense of Nolan (I think), which seemed a bit much with do much of the game to go.

Which is fair, but more that it wasn't a two up front and really, we'd already been panicking against a frankly quite pish QP team.

4 hours ago, renton said:

Which is fair, but more that it wasn't a two up front and really, we'd already been panicking against a frankly quite pish QP team.

I genuinely have no issue with other teams fans calling us pish. Not precious whatsoever. The worrying thing for your mob is that it could have been 5 or 6 nil today. 

Conor McBride ffs! 

6 hours ago, renton said:

They looked as good as any other team I've seen us play in the league so far.

2 hours ago, Gall09 said:

I genuinely have no issue with other teams fans calling us pish. Not precious whatsoever. The worrying thing for your mob is that it could have been 5 or 6 nil today.

You're talking utter shite

On 30/09/2022 at 19:30, Dunning1874 said:

While you're obviously correct with this being the rule I think it might not apply to Goodwillie at all, because it's entirely possible he wasn't actually registered as a player.

If Raith, knowing they would never play him, actually didn't have him registered as a player while still having him on the books then the rules around windows are irrelevant. He was obviously still employed by them past the end of the window, but if he wasn't registered as a Raith Rovers player at any point through the summer then he's effectively been a free agent, in the same way that eg the Raith kit man is employed by Raith but not registered as a player.

If a kitman's employment was terminated today and another club for some reason wanted him as a player there'd be no barrier to registering them because they've not actually been registered to their previous club as player. If that's been the case with Goodwillie then he actually could sign for anyone, although it's a moot point as surely no one is going be stupid enough to do so.

This might, just might, be the biggest load of tripe I've ever read on P&B. Quite the accolade! 

How exactly do you think they managed to loan him to Clyde if he wasnt registered? Which he was anyway, before they announced his signing. 

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

This might, just might, be the biggest load of tripe I've ever read on P&B. Quite the accolade! 

How exactly do you think they managed to loan him to Clyde if he wasnt registered? Which he was anyway, before they announced his signing. 

The loan was last season. Do you not need to re-register a squad every season? It is surely possible that we didn’t register him as a player this season as there was no intention of ever playing him. 

5 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

You're talking utter shite

Having watched the highlights back, I am indeed. Despite not showing either of Eze’s free headers from inside the 6 yard box, 4-2 seems more realistic. 

13 hours ago, renton said:

Cheers for leaving a can of tennents on the train, it was downed before I got to the waverley 😂