The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, pub car king said:

Think Murray is looking longer term with Mitchell and Arnott, they are our 2 best young players.  Get them first team football in physical leagues for a season and bring them back for next season a bit more battle hardened. 

Neither is signed beyond this year, BTW.

2 hours ago, foreverarover said:
13 hours ago, Yoss said:
Nothing has changed. There's still been no accountability, no recognition of failings, and the people who treated us with such absolute contempt - not even so much with the initial decision but in the aftermath of it - are mostly still on the board.
f**k them.
Happy Christmas, everyone.

Support the team away from home only. That's my option of late.

Tell me did you boycott Starks Park or Broadwood when we played Clyde and DG was playing.

Tell me did you boycott Starks Park or Broadwood when we played Clyde and DG was playing.
I've not been to Starks Park since December 2021 even though I had my season ticket. I have no interest in David Goodwille when he was at Clyde so why would I boycott Broadwood.

I've not been to Starks Park since December 2021 even though I had my season ticket. I have no interest in David Goodwille when he was at Clyde so why would I boycott Broadwood.

Possibly because the skipper was a rapist.

57 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

Absolutely pathetic. Happy for him to play in the Scottish league for over 5 years and captain an opposition team but as soon as he signed for us all he'll breaks loose. Maybe if you and others spoke out when he was at Clyde expressed your views then we may never have signed him.

Absolutely pathetic. Happy for him to play in the Scottish league for over 5 years and captain an opposition team but as soon as he signed for us all he'll breaks loose. Maybe if you and others spoke out when he was at Clyde expressed your views then we may never have signed him.
We did when there were rumours in December. The board chose to ignore it. [emoji1745]

4 minutes ago, foreverarover said:

So every fan of a club who have played at Broadwood for the last 5 years have to boycott them. Give it over, your having a laugh. I'm sure you did also.

That's not what I'm saying. Your basically boycotting Starks Park for the signing of DG however you were happy to go to Starks and Broadwood when he was fucking playing, captaining there team. Never opened your mouth in disgust. What I'm saying is get over it and Start supporting your club. They need money through the turnstiles every week.

That's exactly what you are saying. What difference do we make not attending an away match because of one player in the opposition team. If he had your attitude to everything you state then we all should have boycotted Livingston and Aberdeen when a player who seriously assaulted someone plays. Where does it end.

1 minute ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Jesuschristalmighty can we not drag all this tiresome "did you boycott Clyde as well?" shite up again?

He's away. Let people make their decisions. No-one's business but their own. Pipe doon.

If its no one else's business then why do they go on a forum spouting about it as if it's a badge of honour? Anyway I'm sure they'll get their reward when King Charlie's honours list is announced. 

38 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Absolutely. We just couldn't handle the no 66 at corners. How we didn't score is beyond me. 

I do think we are making progress though, despite today's result. 

Yeah, we weren't bad by any means.  Dominated the early proceedings and should have scored towards the end.  Game was lost from the set piece.

We do really lose focus in the immediate aftermath of going behind, which is a concern.

Whilst I do think the ability of Mitchell and Arnott are in danger of being overplayed, I'm struggling to see how we have benefited from losing them and bringing Mcbride in.  

Might just be a frustrating season as we try and rebuild.  It's not been a transfer window that lends itself to a squad rebuild, we may need a few of them before the team really takes shape.  Need to avoid a relegation scrap, of course, but mid table with a reasonable route to top 4 next season is absolutely fine.

Edited by CALDERON

41 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

Lack of a proper striker again? 

The issue with Murray so far is the panic that sets in when we go one down. There was plenty of time to rescue that, but we spent half the time punting the ball quickly to no one before we calmed down.

17 minutes ago, renton said:

The issue with Murray so far is the panic that sets in when we go one down. There was plenty of time to rescue that, but we spent half the time punting the ball quickly to no one before we calmed down.

I said it elsewhere, but it's a bit "These are my principles, and if you don't like them, I have others". 

If your belief in the system you've chosen is so fragile that you throw it away at the first sign of defeat, can it really be that good to begin with?