The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, KDY Gajy said:

I suspect the feeling around GOODWILLIE’S release will now be reflected in the attendance figures at Stark’s Park…oh wait, the average attendance didn’t change while he was on the books during the “outrage”. Just your classic fickle football fans bumping their gums on social media for attention the last number of months.  

Almost like most folk were happy to come back when there was a commitment he'd not feature or be part of the club. 

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Basic mathematics. £50k transfer fee (widely reported, including via reliable media) plus his wages for two and a half years. 

The forum would be a very quiet place if contributions were limited only to people who were party to the goings on, financial or otherwise. 

Its basic guesswork

Anyway hes gone and hopefully we can draw a line under it and file it under the other gaffs

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Gutted to see Mitchell away out on loan however still at a reasonable level albeit I feel he has the ability to play at a higher level from the limited opportunities he’s had in particular away against the pars last season. Would have liked Arnott to have stayed within the professional league set up but game time is a must I guess.

I feel we now need at least 2 in. Big John surely got to be announced soon if he does indeed get the thumbs up however still need more depth out wide.

6 hours ago, Rugster said:

No they can't. They have to be a free agent when the transfer window closes.

While you're obviously correct with this being the rule I think it might not apply to Goodwillie at all, because it's entirely possible he wasn't actually registered as a player.

If Raith, knowing they would never play him, actually didn't have him registered as a player while still having him on the books then the rules around windows are irrelevant. He was obviously still employed by them past the end of the window, but if he wasn't registered as a Raith Rovers player at any point through the summer then he's effectively been a free agent, in the same way that eg the Raith kit man is employed by Raith but not registered as a player.

If a kitman's employment was terminated today and another club for some reason wanted him as a player there'd be no barrier to registering them because they've not actually been registered to their previous club as player. If that's been the case with Goodwillie then he actually could sign for anyone, although it's a moot point as surely no one is going be stupid enough to do so.

30 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Murray said there will be no loans in before the deadline. 

Must have missed him saying that. Surely we should be looking to send Mahady out before Mitchell as Mitchell has a chance to do something in the game. I understand game time but no point having Mahady on our bench when he's clearly not good enough. 

39 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

While you're obviously correct with this being the rule I think it might not apply to Goodwillie at all, because it's entirely possible he wasn't actually registered as a player.

If Raith, knowing they would never play him, actually didn't have him registered as a player while still having him on the books then the rules around windows are irrelevant. He was obviously still employed by them past the end of the window, but if he wasn't registered as a Raith Rovers player at any point through the summer then he's effectively been a free agent, in the same way that eg the Raith kit man is employed by Raith but not registered as a player.

If a kitman's employment was terminated today and another club for some reason wanted him as a player there'd be no barrier to registering them because they've not actually been registered to their previous club as player. If that's been the case with Goodwillie then he actually could sign for anyone, although it's a moot point as surely no one is going be stupid enough to do so.

I think you’re giving the Raith football department too much credit. Additionally they would have had to de register him as a player during the last window and offered him some sort of alternative employment, or paid him the same wages to do nothing. I think both scenarios are highly unlikely, whilst of course being possible. 

11 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I think you’re giving the Raith football department too much credit. Additionally they would have had to de register him as a player during the last window and offered him some sort of alternative employment, or paid him the same wages to do nothing. I think both scenarios are highly unlikely, whilst of course being possible. 

He was being paid to do nothing wasn’t he?

You are aware that it was mcglynn that actually signed and pushed to sign him? The same mcglynn that is in charge of... Who's footballing department has provided tremendous banter for years now.

Nothing has changed. There's still been no accountability, no recognition of failings, and the people who treated us with such absolute contempt - not even so much with the initial decision but in the aftermath of it - are mostly still on the board.

f**k them.

Happy Christmas, everyone.

Nothing has changed. There's still been no accountability, no recognition of failings, and the people who treated us with such absolute contempt - not even so much with the initial decision but in the aftermath of it - are mostly still on the board.
f**k them.
The rapist is gone, so that's something at least...

I agree with some of what you say but it's time to put it in the past or move on from supporting the rovers. Nothing else is going to change with it all. It is what it is.

9 hours ago, KDY Gajy said:

I suspect the feeling around GOODWILLIE’S release will now be reflected in the attendance figures at Stark’s Park…oh wait, the average attendance didn’t change while he was on the books during the “outrage”. Just your classic fickle football fans bumping their gums on social media for attention the last number of months.  

Being angry at your club signing a rapist should never be mocked. 

It was the strong actions of those fans that ensured he never played for your club, be thankful for them.

Outwith the football loyalties I found the reaction of some people troubling, this isn't a Fife Derby thing, I just thought that people were united in there condemnation of Goodwillies behaviou, It's a damning indictment of sociect that some were willing to overlook his past issues, because he might score some goals. 

I can almost guarantee that his signing for any championship club last January would've outed out a decent proportion of wrong 'uns within a support. It's a shame for Rovers that one of those was Sim.

2 hours ago, Yoss said:

f**k them.

You haven't changed.

f**k you.

8 hours ago, RRFC1989 said:

Gutted to see Mitchell away out on loan however still at a reasonable level albeit I feel he has the ability to play at a higher level from the limited opportunities he’s had in particular away against the pars last season. Would have liked Arnott to have stayed within the professional league set up but game time is a must I guess.

I feel we now need at least 2 in. Big John surely got to be announced soon if he does indeed get the thumbs up however still need more depth out wide.

Decent loan for Mitchell, if he gets time. He’s the third forward on the Rose named Kieran!

7 hours ago, raith1974 said:

Must have missed him saying that. Surely we should be looking to send Mahady out before Mitchell as Mitchell has a chance to do something in the game. I understand game time but no point having Mahady on our bench when he's clearly not good enough. 

I expect Mahady is for the chop, as even Cowden last season didn’t play him. I expect he’ll be off to HL/LL soon enough, I don’t think they have window limits.

Think Murray is looking longer term with Mitchell and Arnott, they are our 2 best young players.  Get them first team football in physical leagues for a season and bring them back for next season a bit more battle hardened. 

f**k them.
Support the team away from home only. That's my option of late.