The New Raith Rovers Thread

18 minutes ago, Rugster said:

It's a left back they've signed on loan.

Yeah I seen that, apparently Goodwillie can sign for a foreign club as they have different signing policies for free agents, that’s the only place he can end up really as he won’t get another club in this country 

1 minute ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Yeah I seen that, apparently Goodwillie can sign for a foreign club as they have different signing policies for free agents, that’s the only place he can end up really as he won’t get another club in this country 

He can only sign for a foreign club in a country which currently has a window open. Which isn't many.

He could also sign Lowland League, Highland League or lower if someone's willing to take the risk and flak that goes with it. The non Leagues don't operate windows.

2 minutes ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Agent, I've got you a gig in Eastern Europe

DG, See the source image

DG, (on phone), why do they play in camoufaged strips?

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He can only sign for a foreign club in a country which currently has a window open. Which isn't many.

He could also sign Lowland League, Highland League or lower if someone's willing to take the risk and flak that goes with it. The non Leagues don't operate windows.

What are Darvel up to at the moment? 

9 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah that’s true I think some countries  transfer window shut today or tomorrow so if he wants a club quick 

2 hours ago, RRFC_Liam said:

He will never get another club in Scotland or the UK for that matter again the damage has been done if he wants to continue to play then he will have to go to somewhere in Europe with a lesser league 

A lesser League than Scotland?

That narrows things down somewhat.

Transfer fee £50k + Vat  = £60,000

130 (weeks) x 1000 = 130,000 (£1,100 a week would be £143k, £1.2k would be £156k).

If Clyde paid a % for the remaining 15 weeks of last season  £15,000 (or £16,500/£18,000) can come off that. 

Was there a signing on fee?

Now that he's away we can only speculate how much has he gone with? (I'll bet the lass suing him would like to know too). Given the "No further comment" I guess we'll never know how much and who paid it out?  My guess is Colin Smart.

There's no longer an elephant in the room but I doubt we'll never forget it as long as the ongoing stench of it's being there remains.

I mean, it's pretty clear that the entire saga has cost the club somewhere between £150-200k in direct payments. 

Who knows what indirect losses it's led to. Hard to quantify. 

Thank f**k it's done now and we can try and recover from it. 

Edited by Michael W

9 minutes ago, JaketheSnake said:

Everyone that turned their back on the club can return again. I fully expect a crowd of around 5000 for our next home game and Val to do the 50/50 draw. 

We could barely get 2000+ for most games before his signing. Would love to get 5000 fans at the club but the community at large aren't interested outside of the SPL seasons.