The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 minutes ago, Daz80 said:

Coaches my youngest lad once or twice a week. 

Just saw the bit about Lewis Stevenson too, Laurie also coaches his lad as well, I really can’t see Lewis ever leaving hibs, certainly not until his contract runs out and the end of next season. But imagine he will stay after that in some capacity. 

Edited by Daz80

3 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

What are the rules as far as registering free agents goes?

In theory can we sign Frederiksen at any time between now and January, or is they a cut off point at which we'd need to wait until January?

I'm wondering too. In other words, is he by signing employed by definition or not.

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

I'm wondering too. In other words, is he by signing employed by definition or not.

If I understand rightly, if Frederiksen hasn't been issued with a work permit then we can't employ him in the sense of paying him wages or asking him to do anything that might constitute 'working' (i.e. playing in games). That wouldn't stop us from putting him up in digs or offering him use of our training facilities and equipment in the meantime, hence why we might have seen him travelling with the team up to Cove. Happy to be corrected by those who know more about how these things work for football specifically, though.

Presumably we'll also need to get international clearance given that his last club was in Austria, although I'm not sure at what stage of the process that happens or how long it takes.

1 hour ago, Kuma Power said:

If I understand rightly, if Frederiksen hasn't been issued with a work permit then we can't employ him in the sense of paying him wages or asking him to do anything that might constitute 'working' (i.e. playing in games). That wouldn't stop us from putting him up in digs or offering him use of our training facilities and equipment in the meantime, hence why we might have seen him travelling with the team up to Cove. Happy to be corrected by those who know more about how these things work for football specifically, though.

Presumably we'll also need to get international clearance given that his last club was in Austria, although I'm not sure at what stage of the process that happens or how long it takes.

That's where I'm at.