The New Raith Rovers Thread

9 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Thing is Starks park is a fucking nightmare to upgrade. As well as being a strange looking ground it is between a main road and a railway line meaning there is only limited space and accessing the railway side to do anything substantial has the added bonus of closing the east coast mainline at a horrendous cost. Sim has spoken of developing it but ultimately we need to find a way of making whatever is put in to pay for itself. I think his long term aim would be premier league football and kitting it out with hospitality boxes. 

The main stand is a relic and if it wasn't listed I think it would have been pulled down and something more suitable that uses the space better installed. So we have the 4 storey hub presumably to pick up a lot of the space we just don't have. I don't see how it can line up to the back of the North stand due to the f**k off steels holding the roof up on both new stands.

Screenshot_20220926_182152.jpg

***PURELY FOR FUN AND NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY***

Granted I clearly have too much time on my hands to come up with this but if I had infinite cash this is what I'd do to Starks Park. Obviously I'd make the team an unbeatable powerhouse of Scottish football first and foremost.

* From that picture above - excavate and flatten the area next to the stairs and build a club shop that actually resembles a shop.

* Across the road take ownership of the two billboards and use this to put up Rovers related information such as season tickets being on sale/pictures of the new strips etc. Go one further and make the boards digital so that multiple different Rovers related adverts can be shown throughout the day.

* On the lamposts stick up flags on lead up to the ground from the traffic lights at the bottom of the road saying 'Welcome to Starks Park' or 'RRFC'.

* Some Rovers related graffiti wall art on the brick wall running up Pratt Street towards to the North Stand. 

* Big Rovers art covering all of the windshields within the South Stand. A collage of historical moments as an example.

* A big f**k off LED score board in the corner beween the South and Railway Stand. All singing and dancing with graphics, crowd shots, goal replays etc.

* Fill the entire white panel at the back of the South stand with Rovers flags or some sort of artwork.

* If the Railway Stand isn't going to be used anytime soon fill it with giant flags to fill up the space and make it a bit more colourful. In the long run demolish it and build a terrace.

I can visualise it already min!!!!

12 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Don't think the main stand is a listed building.

I always thought it was or had to be preserved as it currently is. 

If not we should have done something with it when we did the ground up, ie build it out to the edge of the pitch and get rid of the pointless unused terracing. 

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

I always thought it was or had to be preserved as it currently is. 

If not we should have done something with it when we did the ground up, ie build it out to the edge of the pitch and get rid of the pointless unused terracing. 

The last map check I viewed showed the old church across the road, the railway viaduct and believe it or not, Balwearie HS were listed.

Balwearie is listed because the architect is some guru and that was one of his first buildings, it's got some hyperbolic curved panels and looks like a boat. Exactly. 

The designs look impressive, although I'm not sure where it is meant to join up to the stand and where the cantilevers are meant to go. Also will be odd but not insurmountable having hospitality at the away end. Hope it comes to fruition but we were meant to have a hotel (never happened), offices and museum (never happened) and a 2 level gym that could be used as extra hospitality or a TV studio (scaled back to 1 level after groundwork revealed poor sub soil or something) so don't get your hopes up too much. 

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

Thing is Starks park is a fucking nightmare to upgrade. As well as being a strange looking ground it is between a main road and a railway line meaning there is only limited space and accessing the railway side to do anything substantial has the added bonus of closing the east coast mainline at a horrendous cost. Sim has spoken of developing it but ultimately we need to find a way of making whatever is put in to pay for itself. I think his long term aim would be premier league football and kitting it out with hospitality boxes. 

The main stand is a relic and if it wasn't listed I think it would have been pulled down and something more suitable that uses the space better installed. So we have the 4 storey hub presumably to pick up a lot of the space we just don't have. I don't see how it can line up to the back of the North stand due to the f**k off steels holding the roof up on both new stands.

Screenshot_20220926_182152.jpg

975308588_Screenshot2022-09-2619_40_30.thumb.png.443ffbbb9df9f53826d86f80406189fb.png

9 hours ago, Gav_RRFC said:

Selling some of my Rovers shirt collection, if anyone is interested. Here’s the list:

2020/21 Away shirt

2020/21 Home shirt

2016/17 Away shirt

2010/11 Away shirt

Light blue training shirt

2009/10 Scottish Cup shirt

Black polo shirt

Geezo, good luck selling some of those at the prices you're after. £34.99 for the Gary F Locke season away top AND postage 😅