The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, spot on said:

No someone from the club just decided to phone a builder one day and asked if he had any bricks that he could do something out back of the stand, just whatever he had enough bricks for 🙄

FFS give them some credit 🙄

I hope they have done more homework on this than they did on the portacabin anyway.

5 hours ago, Wardy said:

Dick has played quite well last couple of games so I wouldn’t drop him. 

5 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

It probably won't be a popular view,  but he's been one of our better players this season. Certainly much improved on last campaign. 

I agree, but it’s still an opportunity to play a young, fast, darting LB and see if it changes anything. If Nolan or O’Riordan had been struggling, it would be an easy matter of keeping Dick at CB while giving Ngwenya a couple of shots…but nothings that easy. The risk we have of not playing Ngwenya at LB is teams feeling hesitant to loan us players at positions where they might no be an obvious starter (O’Riordan, until Lang returns, for instance, is a good loan for both sides…Ngwenya, not so much).

31 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

If we have money it's time we did something with the railway stand.

There are plans to demolish the railway stand and rebuild, however as you'd imagine this is extremely expensive. In terms of the community hub some on here have to stop having a dig at John Sim. If this gets the go ahead and is built it can only be good for the club and the community. My understanding is this is funded by Sim not the club.

It does look good but as previously mentioned JS was harping on in his latest interview about finances and how the Stadium requires thousands upon thousands of repairs and maintenance.Between that and the club shipping 150k a year,this hub thingy and the goodwillie debacle this man must have more money than I thought

It’s clear that the club / John sim have canvassed various groups within the community foundation to the potential requirements and need for a facility of this size , maybe the club have made some mistakes regarding the awful signing we made last season however they won’t commit to a huge sum of money for this development if it isn’t going to be a success, Also going by the plans there is going to be a new physio room along with a club gym which is obviously going to be moved from the main stand potentially more room for  new corporate / hospitality areas within the old stand ? Can only praise the club for improving facilities there won’t be much clubs out with the premier league with a community hub of that standard .

Edited by basher brash

While I agree the plans look great, I can’t help but feel slightly worried that the costs involved will have to come out of club funds either directly or indirectly. If SSP is spending lots of cash on this, does it mean that less is available to be invested in the football club?

Lets be honest, why on earth do we need a new 4 storey building when the main stand has changing rooms, hospitality and conference suites available that already can’t be filled.

6 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

While I agree the plans look great, I can’t help but feel slightly worried that the costs involved will have to come out of club funds either directly or indirectly. If SSP is spending lots of cash on this, does it mean that less is available to be invested in the football club?

Lets be honest, why on earth do we need a new 4 storey building when the main stand has changing rooms, hospitality and conference suites available that already can’t be filled.

I think there are numerous issues with the main stand due to its age and construction. It’s not accessible for disabled fans for one. I think what we can offer hospitality wise is limited by the facilities somewhat, if the hospitality experience can be improved hopefully so will the take up. The gym/physio area for the players will also surely be an upgrade on what currently exists. Can’t be much fun training within the bowels of the main stand.

12 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I think there are numerous issues with the main stand due to its age and construction. It’s not accessible for disabled fans for one. I think what we can offer hospitality wise is limited by the facilities somewhat, if the hospitality experience can be improved hopefully so will the take up. The gym/physio area for the players will also surely be an upgrade on what currently exists. Can’t be much fun training within the bowels of the main stand.

The team certainly used to use Gym 64 not sure if they still do.

Hard to belittle those who come accross as cynical given our track record. The Titan which JS refers to ad the Titanic being our most recent blooper. 

However thinking big and improving the structures in such a creative way is something to pin hope on. 

Bulldoze the unused Railway stand area and put in safe standing. 

The plan must be to restructure the main stand footprint maybe more hospitality based. Will mean an upswing in numbers for the marketing folk who seem to be struggling with current numbers. 

JS seems driven by a legacy beyond throwing money at wages. Hardly seems likely he is doing this at the cost of a club existing in the future. 

TBH I just can't work the guy out and swing from friend to foe by the week! Currently in the first camp. 

6 minutes ago, Always next quarter said:

Hard to belittle those who come accross as cynical given our track record. The Titan which JS refers to ad the Titanic being our most recent blooper. 

However thinking big and improving the structures in such a creative way is something to pin hope on. 

Bulldoze the unused Railway stand area and put in safe standing. 

The plan must be to restructure the main stand footprint maybe more hospitality based. Will mean an upswing in numbers for the marketing folk who seem to be struggling with current numbers. 

JS seems driven by a legacy beyond throwing money at wages. Hardly seems likely he is doing this at the cost of a club existing in the future. 

TBH I just can't work the guy out and swing from friend to foe by the week! Currently in the first camp. 

That doesn't fit with the idea of every area of the ground being capable of generating income on non match days. I'm sure that was his stated aim.

Thing is Starks park is a fucking nightmare to upgrade. As well as being a strange looking ground it is between a main road and a railway line meaning there is only limited space and accessing the railway side to do anything substantial has the added bonus of closing the east coast mainline at a horrendous cost. Sim has spoken of developing it but ultimately we need to find a way of making whatever is put in to pay for itself. I think his long term aim would be premier league football and kitting it out with hospitality boxes. 

The main stand is a relic and if it wasn't listed I think it would have been pulled down and something more suitable that uses the space better installed. So we have the 4 storey hub presumably to pick up a lot of the space we just don't have. I don't see how it can line up to the back of the North stand due to the f**k off steels holding the roof up on both new stands.

Screenshot_20220926_182152.jpg