The New Raith Rovers Thread

13 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Was anyone there yesterday? How did Ngwenya play? I’ve not seen him play a single minute for us yet. 

He did well in his part for the goal. Skinned a few times by Longstaff. But overall he looked steady enough. 

5 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

His run and pass for the goal were superb. Wasn't there but liked what I saw.

He also ran on to a wide pass and then took a decent shot in the highlights. Looks tempting, but I still want Nolan to play, so can we sit Dick?

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

He also ran on to a wide pass and then took a decent shot in the highlights. Looks tempting, but I still want Nolan to play, so can we sit Dick?

Dick has played quite well last couple of games so I wouldn’t drop him. 

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

Need to for the giant striker to be able to get into the ground. 

I think this was mentioned in the Sim interview on K107 as well that they'd reapplied for permission on a 4 story building now. 

Need to for the giant striker to be able to get into the ground. 

I think this was mentioned in the Sim interview on K107 as well that they'd reapplied for permission on a 4 story building now. 
Yeah I think he said they were considering it. I do wonder how it's being paid for and wether it will just end up as more debt on the club though.

Maybe I'm just being dense but from reading the article I still can't fathom out what this Hub is actually for and what it's use will be. Is it for folk utilising the pitch throughout the day/evenings to get changed, for parents to sit and have a coffee waiting on their bairns finishing a game/training class, office space for staff? Or all of the above? Looks nice none the less but when Sim is telling us the stadium in general requires thousands of £'s a season in maintenance you have to wonder if this is really something that's needed right now.

Updated Plans for Community Hub

From the looks of things I can see two bars, 1 I suspect for Hospitality potentially, a floor dedicated to the Rovers (weights, fitness suite, physio room etc) and some changing rooms for community use. The thing that has me confused from the article is the viewing area from the hub above the current seating. Are they gonna have a roof box on top of the North Stand?

3 minutes ago, Kooz92 said:

Updated Plans for Community Hub

From the looks of things I can see two bars, 1 I suspect for Hospitality potentially, a floor dedicated to the Rovers (weights, fitness suite, physio room etc) and some changing rooms for community use. The thing that has me confused from the article is the viewing area from the hub above the current seating. Are they gonna have a roof box on top of the North Stand?

There will be panels removed behind the last row of seating to give a view of the pitch, which is a bit risky considering the folk at the back like to stand, the stewards will be busy.

9 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

There will be panels removed behind the last row of seating to give a view of the pitch, which is a bit risky considering the folk at the back like to stand, the stewards will be busy.

What a Rovers decision that would be. Here are some hospitality boxes for watching the game...beside the away fans 🤣

1 hour ago, Michael W said:

Have we done any sort of research whatsoever about the possible demand for something like this? 

It seems somewhat unnecessary on the face of it.

No someone from the club just decided to phone a builder one day and asked if he had any bricks that he could do something out back of the stand, just whatever he had enough bricks for 🙄

FFS give them some credit 🙄

3 minutes ago, spot on said:

No someone from the club just decided to phone a builder one day and asked if he had any bricks that he could do something out back of the stand, just whatever he had enough bricks for 🙄

FFS give them some credit 🙄

Yeah, you're right. Only money, eh?

Club's got plenty of that. Is Sim paying for it personally, or is this just another massive dent in our already alarming accounts?

Edited by Michael W