The New Raith Rovers Thread

25 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I disagree. It’s fine as the squad basic line-up, but will be vulnerable to adjustments by other teams in the League if we don’t have the ability to mix it up. I’m also not sold on our single striker abilities anyway.

Seen any games yet?

5 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I said get his love of 4-2-3-1/4-1-3-2 to f**k and be willing to adjust to opponents, play and needs. In the first quarter of the season, he seems a bit preoccupied on shoehorning our players into his preferred system. Sorry if that seems offensive.

It doesn’t seem offensive, I’m just saying that the set up has a starting line up where no one is playing out of position and we’ve won games using it. Changing players or formations sometimes has a big impact, but it isn’t always the answer and personally I don’t see a better set up for us right now. That’s not to say things won’t be different when John comes in (which seems to be the case now!).

We are going to have really good options if these players come back fit, and can definitely mix it up a bit more during the season. A three of Easton Vaughan and Connolly behind a striker with Spencer and Matthews/Brown behind them sounds good to me!

4 minutes ago, Raithfan2711 said:

It doesn’t seem offensive, I’m just saying that the set up has a starting line up where no one is playing out of position and we’ve won games using it. Changing players or formations sometimes has a big impact, but it isn’t always the answer and personally I don’t see a better set up for us right now. That’s not to say things won’t be different when John comes in (which seems to be the case now!).

We are going to have really good options if these players come back fit, and can definitely mix it up a bit more during the season. A three of Easton Vaughan and Connolly behind a striker with Spencer and Matthews/Brown behind them sounds good to me!

Fair enough, we basically agree, but express it differently.

5 minutes ago, grumswall said:
8 minutes ago, TxRover said:
Fair enough, we basically agree, but express it differently.

Must be the accent.

Maybe it’s the two countries separated by a common language, eh?

4 minutes ago, Raith_Rasta said:

JC at Kinghorn beach 

38C77AC5-6308-44C2-9231-A8CD5489E55F.jpeg

Nice, thanks!

Just now, grumswall said:
4 minutes ago, TxRover said:
Nice, thanks!

Iv got a mate from Indiana and we both struggle to understand each other at times to be fair.

Had my uncle totally perplex the Mrs, stop talking, look at her and say “Ye dinna ken a word I’m saying, do you, lassie?”…he was right. That hard, midwestern accent of Hoosiers can be a bit difficult now and then, but it’s usually the slang that trips us up.

17 minutes ago, Raith_Rasta said:

JC at Kinghorn beach 

38C77AC5-6308-44C2-9231-A8CD5489E55F.jpeg

That's no Kinghorn that's Pettycur. 

Never seen that before, I knew he'd been to Falkland but didn't know he made it down to the coast.

Can we claim him as one of our own.