The New Raith Rovers Thread

40 minutes ago, Wildrover said:

Oh he knows exactly what it meant but he's being a dick, probably overcome with grief for a 96 year old woman who he didn't know and the 10 day TV vigil we've been subjected too. 

You're the dick, for all to see - I didn't reveal what my thoughts are.

I said f**k off, back to your pond.

D'Jaffo still upset by our pitch!

P&B resident duo of dimness sticking up for each other I see.

I don’t think I’ve ever once made reference to Raith Rovers pitch, which I actually quite like fwiw.

37 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Liked the look of the boy Connell, reminded me of Nouble on your third goal 

I think we were all shocked by the level of movement and pace he gave us on Saturday, after his performance against ICT which could be charitably described as statue-esque.

Obviously with any young player you will get inconsistency, but hoping we see more of the latter than the former type of performance as it dramatically changed our forward play.

2 minutes ago, renton said:

I think we were all shocked by the level of movement and pace he gave us on Saturday, after his performance against ICT which could be charitably described as statue-esque.

Obviously with any young player you will get inconsistency, but hoping we see more of the latter than the former type of performance as it dramatically changed our forward play.

Took goal really well although Musonda extremely questionable 

On the third though the strength, pace and skill to take that ball from the corner and drive into the box was outstanding. I don’t think the Ayr players expected it.

Seen Nouble do that easily double figures last season, thing was with him everyone knew it was coming but they couldn’t stop it 😂

Connell definitely looked very promising going off that performance especially for a younger lad 

Kinda felt all Connoll was needing was a goal. Hopefully that's him up and running and we'll see similar performances going forward. If we can get him performing to that level along with the return of Gullan and the arrival of Big John (fingers crossed...and fingers crossed he's decent) then things are looking better up top. Spencer and Matthews returning further strengthens what is probably the strongest midfield in the league (imo). Brown is clearly capable at this level, his pass to Connolly which led to the first goal was sublime and Stanton has looked a completely different player lately. 

Just now, Raithie said:

Kinda felt all Connoll was needing was a goal. Hopefully that's him up and running and we'll see similar performances going forward. If we can get him performing to that level along with the return of Gullan and the arrival of Big John (fingers crossed...and fingers crossed he's decent) then things are looking better up top. Spencer and Matthews returning further strengthens what is probably the strongest midfield in the league (imo). Brown is clearly capable at this level, his pass to Connolly which led to the first goal was sublime and Stanton has looked a completely different player lately. 

On that last part, either as a result of the change in system or training or whatever - but Sam Stanton and Liam Dick both look far better players under Murray.

Connell dancing around Musonda for the first was quite satisfying. The hindsight being offered up that it was a mistake to let him go is clearly exposed in that one move and goal. Truth is he provided decent cover over the last couple of seasons but was never anywhere near our team when all defenders were fit.

Not sure he would've even got a start this season with our threadbare defence.

17 minutes ago, Double Jack D said:

Connell dancing around Musonda for the first was quite satisfying. The hindsight being offered up that it was a mistake to let him go is clearly exposed in that one move and goal. Truth is he provided decent cover over the last couple of seasons but was never anywhere near our team when all defenders were fit.

Not sure he would've even got a start this season with our threadbare defence.

Musonda was always fairly solid whenever he played for the most part. I recall McGlynn talking about perhaps moving him to a midfield role, similar to the one we have Brown doing now. You could see on Saturday that Musonda had a decent range of passing and there was probably some merit in doing that. Then of course everyone got injured last season and that ended that.

17 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

People flocking to watch a big box with a dead woman that they never knew being carted about is the very definition of fucking madness. I’m surprised this needed spelling out to you.

Same people that would have been moaning about the hours they had to queue at check in and security and time taken to retrieve their luggage when going their holidays

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Musonda was always fairly solid whenever he played for the most part. I recall McGlynn talking about perhaps moving him to a midfield role, similar to the one we have Brown doing now. You could see on Saturday that Musonda had a decent range of passing and there was probably some merit in doing that. Then of course everyone got injured last season and that ended that.

First season yes i would agree,  but he had some howlers last season. The midfield role was probably to keep him settled as it was obvious he was behind Bene, Berra and Lang for a centre half berth.

From what was on show on Saturday I would put him behind Nolan and O'Riordan too. When you look at our midfield options then he would be about 10th choice there :)

Not a bad player, reasonably solid, but prone to being done like a kipper. I don't think it was a bad decision to let him go at the time. The untimely retirement of Berra made it seem a worse decision than it was but no-one saw that coming.