The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Only thing I would mention in addition is that Sam Stanton was outstanding for spells of the game. 

I've moaned about Murray plenty, but I will give him credit for getting more out of Stanton this season than McGlynn even got close to last season. 

Agreed he was excellent today and saw a big difference in the team from the last match I was at( Dundee)

22 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Definitely Stanton's best game for us today and deserved Man of the Match.

However, I think the much maligned Liam Dick deserves mention for his performance today. He won the lion's share of tackles, headers and made a couple of important blocks. The polar opposite of his last game at home to Ayr.

Agreed he was solid 

6 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I feel that’s the only thing that today missed. I expect to see a bit more passion from the manager after a win tbh

My full time celebrations were on ice until he walked down the tunnel without doing the Klopp. One false move by Murray and the afternoon would have been ruined, but he's learning and that's all I can ask for 👍

4 hours ago, CountryBumpkin said:

That was a tough game. We were excellent first half, two very good goals for different reasons. Second half they just out muscled us in the middle of the park and then pushed it wide quickly, we got caught on our heels a few times. Their number 9 was a total handful, strong and quick and caused us problems all game. He's a good find. 

Ethan Ross is a total passenger though, I'd be looking to drop him for Spencer next game and push Easton up and wide to play similarly to Connolly on the other side. Ross standing and complaining to Murray was entertaining, I hope Murray told him to sit down and stop being garbage. 

Easton had one of his infuriating games, great to set up the second goal and then spurred other opportunities by trying to shoot from the byline when a pass was the option. 

Connell did well both with his goal and his contribution to the winner and a shout to Brown, did well in possession today, kept it well when asked. We're lightweight in the middle though, missing Matthews, will be interesting to see how we line up when we're full strength again. 

Finally, appreciate that a minutes applause etc is not everyone's choice but booing through it doesn't do anything other than disrespect those who take part. Just don't participate, stay silent, is that too hard?

Agree with most apart from your first point

Thought Akinyemi was fairly ineffective and well marshalled by Nolan and O’Riordan 

First half was superb.  Kept Ayr quiet and the work rate was superb.  Great finish from Connell who had a good game.

Ayr came into it more in the 2nd half and probably were worth the draw.  We struggled without a target man to give us a genuine out ball, and I would have taken a draw at that point.

To grind out the win is quite impressive really.

Still work to do, but if we see that level of effort then there's not much more we can ask for.

45 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Thought Akinyemi was fairly ineffective and well marshalled by Nolan and O’Riordan 

It's strange, could clearly see that lad is a real handful.  However thr 2 centre backs did a pretty good job, the first Ayr goal aside.

30 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

First half was superb.  Kept Ayr quiet and the work rate was superb.  Great finish from Connell who had a good game.

Ayr came into it more in the 2nd half and probably were worth the draw.  We struggled without a target man to give us a genuine out ball, and I would have taken a draw at that point.

To grind out the win is quite impressive really.

Still work to do, but if we see that level of effort then there's not much more we can ask for.

Agreed that’s the work rate that’s been missing but very welcome performance in a tough game, for someone who wasn’t wanting to go I definitely enjoyed it as a spectacle 

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Nah, I thought Akinyemi was excellent. Part of his game is making sure that even if he loses the first ball, the second ball doesn't go far. How often did our clearances not really do much?

If nothing else he dragged Ayrt 30 yards up the pitch. Having said that Murray set up well enough to be able to sweep the worst loose balls.

32 minutes ago, renton said:

Nah, I thought Akinyemi was excellent. Part of his game is making sure that even if he loses the first ball, the second ball doesn't go far. How often did our clearances not really do much?

If nothing else he dragged Ayrt 30 yards up the pitch. Having said that Murray set up well enough to be able to sweep the worst loose balls.

Aye, I thought he had a similar impact to Nouble at Arbroath.  Even though he didn't have much moments of quality as such, his presence forced play and possession in that area of the pitch.

Enjoyed that yesterday.

We know the issues we’ve got at the back and front but I’d wager there’s not a better midfield in the championship.

We’ve got pace, flair and strength with Easton, Connolly, Stanners, Brown, Ross, Spencer.

With Gullan being out fair play to Connell who more than stepped up with a great performance.

Fairly obvious we'd need to score at least two yesterday to get something from the game when you look at Ayr’s exploits of previous few weeks.

Wee side note it’s becoming more than obvious 2/3 posters almost find it irritating we put on a performance and win. 

Post match interview suggests a player might be sorted this coming week.

5 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Enjoyed that yesterday.

We know the issues we’ve got at the back and front but I’d wager there’s not a better midfield in the championship.

We’ve got pace, flair and strength with Easton, Connolly, Stanners, Brown, Ross, Spencer.

With Gullan being out fair play to Connell who more than stepped up with a great performance.

Fairly obvious we'd need to score at least two yesterday to get something from the game when you look at Ayr’s exploits of previous few weeks.

Wee side note it’s becoming more than obvious 2/3 posters almost find it irritating we put on a performance and win. 

Post match interview suggests a player might be sorted this coming week.

Ethan Ross needs to step up because he's not showing any of those traits you've listed. Agree with it other than that though. Hopefully yesterday was a massive confidence boost we can take forward, get some momentum against Cove because Queens Park away will be a tough one. 

One thing though, the kick off routine of overloading the left and pumping the ball down the line and out of play can do one. Both teams were at it yesterday and it was 100% of the time, a waste

In the short time Spencer was on the pitch you can see he’s 100 times the player Scott Brown is.
Think the ‘captain’ needs a wee seat on the bench, offered little and when he did it was to slow the game down.

Two weeks is a long time in football.

Did you honestly thought that was for real? Rovers propaganda keep the fans simmering expectantly.

If we sign someone it will be some kid from a Premier side not a 6ft 8 international player. I have little faith that IM or the BOD will bring in the right player. 

Where did the rumour come from other than some bellends online with little else to do in life? Or was that just it?

Pretty much

A very long time.