The New Raith Rovers Thread

I'd have kept musonda but it was a good time for bene to move on. He's at a level that he can look a relative standout for what he brings to the pars now and I think we've upgraded by getting o'riordan. He doesn't have the experience bene did but he looks a better all round player than we've seen from bene for a few years now imo.
Until he leaves in 3 months?

6 hours ago, Michael W said:

I am on the fence with Murray. Not particularly impressed with his signings,

Some of his signings has been underwhelming but that’s because of the aforementioned McGlynn pissing a lot off the Money on 2 year deals on the likes of Keatings, Zanatta, He who shall not be named and the pay increase in the 2nd year,

and if the budget has been drastically cut according to the club accountants on here and social media then he can only do what’s he’s got budget wise 

3 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
4 hours ago, grumswall said:
I'd have kept musonda but it was a good time for bene to move on. He's at a level that he can look a relative standout for what he brings to the pars now and I think we've upgraded by getting o'riordan. He doesn't have the experience bene did but he looks a better all round player than we've seen from bene for a few years now imo.

Until he leaves in 3 months?

He’s got an option to extend beyond January im sure Murray said in a interview or it was in a paper article 

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

IM’s failure to ensure CB’s before allowing Bene, Big Dave and Frankie  to depart Is his bete noire,

McKay left before Murray was appointed and a lot of people has suggested Bene wanted to stay but we offered a 1 year deal on the same terms but the pars offered 2 years and rumoured on over 2k a week and Frankie was strange one as he would’ve been a nailed on starter 

10 hours ago, Heid_The_Baw said:

Still unconvinced myself with IM. However I am content in the fact we no longer have the over rated John McGlynn at the helm.  Never ever rated him tbh.  When he came back I was full of dread.  
Think Murray has the double whammy of no strikers available, and the fact we will be paying for ages for McGlynns utterly useless and in one particular  case utterly stupid signings.  Only Boris Johnstone has spaffed more cash against the wall. ;)

I despise this kind of stuff. McGlynn had us finishing 2nd and 3rd in the Championship and won us cups and leagues. Make no bones about it, McGlynn is the most successful manager since Nicholl. 

Who the f**k are you to rate anyone?

Edited by Scary Bear

I despise this kind of stuff. McGlynn had us finishing 2nd and 3rd in the Championship and won us cups and leagues. Make no bones about it, McGlynn is the most successful manager since Nicholl. 
Who the f**k are you to rate anyone?

In fairness, who the f**k are any of us to rate anyone?

8 hours ago, Enigma said:

Successful he may have been but for me McGlynn has completely sullied any legacy he had at the club.

Pretty much this, he won cups and took us to good league finishes. However so much of his great work over two spells was forever tarnished by one moment of stupidity.  The club could have folded over it! We’re still feeling the effects to this day as fans walked away and withdrew their financial support.  We lost goodwill (pun not intended) in the local community and that wee turd sits drawing a salary regardless of whether we play him or not. McGlynn’s legacy for many is permanently stained by signing “he who shall not be named” which is a real shame as he was 2nd to only Nichol for many at our club.  Don’t know if IM is the right man but it certainly wasn’t John McGlynn after January. 

10 hours ago, grumswall said:

In fairness, who the f**k are any of us to rate anyone?

Pissed me clearly disagrees. Sober me is back in control of the account and realises that this site is all about spouting absolute nonsense about football and other topics.

That was a tough game. We were excellent first half, two very good goals for different reasons. Second half they just out muscled us in the middle of the park and then pushed it wide quickly, we got caught on our heels a few times. Their number 9 was a total handful, strong and quick and caused us problems all game. He's a good find. 

Ethan Ross is a total passenger though, I'd be looking to drop him for Spencer next game and push Easton up and wide to play similarly to Connolly on the other side. Ross standing and complaining to Murray was entertaining, I hope Murray told him to sit down and stop being garbage. 

Easton had one of his infuriating games, great to set up the second goal and then spurred other opportunities by trying to shoot from the byline when a pass was the option. 

Connell did well both with his goal and his contribution to the winner and a shout to Brown, did well in possession today, kept it well when asked. We're lightweight in the middle though, missing Matthews, will be interesting to see how we line up when we're full strength again. 

Finally, appreciate that a minutes applause etc is not everyone's choice but booing through it doesn't do anything other than disrespect those who take part. Just don't participate, stay silent, is that too hard?

9 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

That was a tough game. We were excellent first half, two very good goals for different reasons. Second half they just out muscled us in the middle of the park and then pushed it wide quickly, we got caught on our heels a few times. Their number 9 was a total handful, strong and quick and caused us problems all game. He's a good find. 

Ethan Ross is a total passenger though, I'd be looking to drop him for Spencer next game and push Easton up and wide to play similarly to Connolly on the other side. Ross standing and complaining to Murray was entertaining, I hope Murray told him to sit down and stop being garbage. 

Easton had one of his infuriating games, great to set up the second goal and then spurred other opportunities by trying to shoot from the byline when a pass was the option. 

Connell did well both with his goal and his contribution to the winner and a shout to Brown, did well in possession today, kept it well when asked. We're lightweight in the middle though, missing Matthews, will be interesting to see how we line up when we're full strength again. 

Finally, appreciate that a minutes applause etc is not everyone's choice but booing through it doesn't do anything other than disrespect those who take part. Just don't participate, stay silent, is that too hard?

Agree with all of that, good game for the neutral 😂😂

Edited by Been going too long

5 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Connell scoring, Musonda done up like a kipper for the goal, and a seaside league signing scoring the winner.  Not a good weekend for some.

Aye hopefully that’s the Musonda debate put to bed.

1 hour ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Only thing I would mention in addition is that Sam Stanton was outstanding for spells of the game. 

I've moaned about Murray plenty, but I will give him credit for getting more out of Stanton this season than McGlynn even got close to last season. 

15 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Only thing I would mention in addition is that Sam Stanton was outstanding for spells of the game. 

I've moaned about Murray plenty, but I will give him credit for getting more out of Stanton this season than McGlynn even got close to last season. 

Yeah fair point on that. Was my man of the match, it's a shame he went off with a knock. I would like to see a midfield of Matthews, Spencer and Stanton, I feel we can find other places for Brown as well. With Easton and Connolly roaming around and a dynamic forward, it could be quite good to watch. 

48 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Definitely Stanton's best game for us today and deserved Man of the Match.

However, I think the much maligned Liam Dick deserves mention for his performance today. He won the lion's share of tackles, headers and made a couple of important blocks. The polar opposite of his last game at home to Ayr.