The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Rovers_Lad said:

The club should have known the obstacles when signing or trying to sign a player from overseas

They do, that's why they're waiting. The process isn't consistent given the old firm had to wait no time at all to sign their foreign garbage and other clubs are waiting weeks. I don't recall Celtic having to wait a while for their bench warmer Argentinian left back. Maybe it's different if you pay a fee. 

They do, that's why they're waiting. The process isn't consistent given the old firm had to wait no time at all to sign their foreign garbage and other clubs are waiting weeks. I don't recall Celtic having to wait a while for their bench warmer Argentinian left back. Maybe it's different if you pay a fee. 

Signing a player from the Argentinian top flight will be easier than signing this Faroe journey man who apparently last played in the Austrian second division.

A lot can depend on the status of the player I.e internation caps or what level they are playing at. Clubs at our level won’t get special treatment because we aren’t signing the same level of player.

44 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

They do, that's why they're waiting. The process isn't consistent given the old firm had to wait no time at all to sign their foreign garbage and other clubs are waiting weeks. I don't recall Celtic having to wait a while for their bench warmer Argentinian left back. Maybe it's different if you pay a fee

I think that's right, along with international caps etc etc.  

We waited months for Bangala.  

8 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Agree with this. No sympathy for Murray or the club over this. 

But it's a case of

Idiots: "why no striker? The lack of information is unacceptable" 

IM: "we're waiting on a permit being issued for a player, Brexit and those morons that thought it was a good idea have caused changes to the rules around foreign players"

Idiots: "Well quit complaining about it, we don't want to read about your reasons why there is no striker."

2 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

But it's a case of

Idiots: "why no striker? The lack of information is unacceptable" 

IM: "we're waiting on a permit being issued for a player, Brexit and those morons that thought it was a good idea have caused changes to the rules around foreign players"

Idiots: "Well quit complaining about it, we don't want to read about your reasons why there is no striker."

Yes but these rules were in place before the season started, its not like they've been imposed after we tried signing the boy. 

We went into this with our eyes open and if we are stuck for months with Gullan and Connell while we wait for someone who  is an absolute gamble to put it mildly, then Murray will be right in the firing line. 

13 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Feel like the club can’t win with some. We’ve had pages and pages and pages of “the silence is deafening” and now, when the manager is forthcoming with what is happening you’ve got folk saying they’ve no sympathy. What do you actually want? 

A section of the support have made their mind up over Murray already and I imagine see this as a convenient stick to hit him with.

The alternative in this market to taking a punt on an unknown player (bringing this level of complication) is using the loan market to bring a young player in.  Let's see how that goes down with the support.

19 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yes but these rules were in place before the season started, its not like they've been imposed after we tried signing the boy. 

We went into this with our eyes open and if we are stuck for months with Gullan and Connell while we wait for someone who  is an absolute gamble to put it mildly, then Murray will be right in the firing line. 

Well no but it's not like we didn't try earlier in the window to sign anyone. It's been a shitty window for all clubs, now we have to get what we can because there are clearly no Scottish players available of the calibre we want...

11 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Well no but it's not like we didn't try earlier in the window to sign anyone. It's been a shitty window for all clubs, now we have to get what we can because there are clearly no Scottish players available of the calibre we want...

Based on the dross that Murray has brought into the club so far I don't think he sets a particularly high bar when it comes to the calibre of his signings.